Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snowglobe custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more - ImageChef.com

Well, it's going to be some random ramblings b/c I just don't have anything poignant or particular to express.

Another day of eating well! I am trying not to eat past dinner-ish or 8 at the latest on most nights. I try to go upstairs..away from the kitchen and work or something to keep busy..I'll have gum, water, or diet Pepsi..but I like the feeling of not being all full or bloated at bedtime. Yesterday, I had sort of a weird day, sort of wanted to just sit on my bed with my laptop and eat cheezits (besides pizza,they are my FAVE). Which, I did. However, I counted the points for the cheeze its and they were part of the daily total. Yea--sort of emotional eating..also "convenience eating" . I didn't want to cook...Tonight I made turkey chili (no beans). It was good, but I should find a substitute for the pasta we put it on. Too many pts. Any ideas?

It's really cold and snowy here. Very pretty..if you aren't driving in it :)
I will try to beat RTS outside to shovel in the am..if I put my ipod on and shovel..It's really not bad at all. I did it yesterday...it was just soooooooooo cold though. I bought a $3 pedometer as a temporary one..but it's awful. The kids LOVE it though! I will treat myself to a nicer one that has a SAFETY strap..since they don't like to stay put on my waist. Do they work on your socks? Maybe I could try that?

Besides my eating habits improving, I noticed some other changes. My dear friend, Alana, asked me if I felt any different since I started. I told her I don't feel my looks have changed..not my clothing (not looser) but I noticed that I don't feel so sluggish , tired and grumpy all the time. I also noticed that my skin has improved! Yes, I was prone to the lovely adult acne or maybe it was food related, since I was eating fried foods and other crap...but I haven't had many flare ups in the past month!!! (except for now, when I have my pre-TOM pimples)

Oh and being the flattery junkie that I have become..2 people asked me if I lost weight.Random people.Didn't know I was trying to. Maybe I should keep a tally somewhere...there must be a widget/gadget somewhere. I am not so vain..it's just that I haven't been asked that for a LONG time.

Well, I will be here tomorrow to report on my scale meeting. Good, bad or otherwise..this week was peppered with mnm's , skittles and chezits..so I am thinking it won't be a big ol loss...but each of the aforementioned foods were done in moderation..so I am ok with what I did. Have a good one! Stay strong (& warm...)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that idea of trying not to eat past 8. I'm sure it's not easy! My challenge didn't work this week (8 hours of sleep a night - what was I thinking!).
Me pedometer has been laying on my bedside table... must put it back on my belt!
I'm glad you feel better in yourself, even if your clothes don't fit any looser yet! Well done.

Hanlie said...

Happy snow shoveling! That must burn a few calories?

Grumpy Chair said...

Oooh that is the best NSV, compliments from others!

What about whole wheat pasta - lots of fiber - would that bring down your points?

Heather said...

oo I also loove cheezits.

well I dont know any substitutions, but like others have said, whole wheat pasta is always a good choice to still have pasta.

congrats on the compliments and just feeling great! that is what I noticed too..you feel wonderful when you eat healthy and your body really thanks for you it.

pretty to look at..yes. pretty drive in..HELL NO.

Carleen said...

enjoy the compliments!! you rock...
it does feel really good to be eating good and losing too eh?

Take Care and have a great weekend!