Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Odds and ends today...

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more
I think today might be recipe day, but I don't like to put a recipe up unless I have tried it..so I don't believe I have anything new to add..but I did try 2 new recipes earlier this week and would recommend the Turkey Meatballs from a few days back (the recipe). So, I will just do a few odds and ends.

Ok, tonight will be my first foray into a restaurant since I began. It's a work party and I am not that comfortable going, so that will work in my favor...but the choices , the rolls, wine...usually I just mess up on what to order. If anyone has good dining out tips, I'd love to hear.


  • NSV- At my little Daisy meeting yesterday , it was a birthday and I declined a cupcake..woo hoo (not that public eating/cheating is my problem anyway) but I'll call it a NSV.

  • I am 1.5 lbs away from the new decade!! I will do the hustle into that decade. Very very excited about this!



  • And..lastly, on the walking front..um yea..got one whole mile in. How weird when I realized it was 1,968 miles, since it's the ol year of birth. So, 1,967 miles to go. I'll get more into the exercising soon. I just want to get my eating habits in order first...I find when I work out, I am HUNGRIER..so I better improve the eating first.


Well, off to work and comment. I'd like to add people to my blog roll/link list, but since I am new to blogging, what's the etiquette do I just do it?....do I ask? Thanks for stopping by and reading this. I hope you all have a great day with lots of NSVs!

7 comments:

Diana Swallow said...

I love the idea of walking that many miles and tracking it. I will leave doing the hustle to you...they go left while I go right...its not a pretty picture. I do much better with "free form" dance moves.

Hanlie said...

You don't have to ask anyone to link to them.

You're doing great. Well done on refusing the cupcake!

Anonymous said...

You are doing amazing and I can tell you love blogging!!!
Good luck with making good decisions tonight.

Felicia said...

You are doing so GREAT!! I hope you had a good time at the resturant tonight. I say enjoy!

*huggles*
=0)

Heather said...

awesome job with your NSVs! you are doing so great!

I hope your dining out experience went well. for me, if I can check out the menu ahead of time, I do that so I can plan what I will eat and not get distracted by the smells and sights of the restaurant. I also check the nutrition if I can find it via the restaurants website or calorieking.com.

whenever I order something, if it comes with fries, I automatically replace those fries with veggies or a fruit cup. Avoid anything that is fried! salads can be packed with hidden calories,etc. so watch for whats in them..just because its a salad doesnt mean its necessarily healthy when you go out!

if you are going to drink (meaning alcohol!), pick wine. its a fruit so you are not going to fill yourself with meaningless starches and carbs and calories.

talk to the waitress or waiter and you can usually get what you want. dont want your chicken cooked in oil? tell them. see what you can subsitute around. ask them what something is cooked in or whats in it. ask them what the healthiest dish is.

dont worry, I know you will do fine! enjoy yourself..you dont have to cook!

Lidian said...

I think most people are really glad if you link them. I am new to this too, and I do ask sometimes or rather tell them I have linked them and to let me know if that isn't OK.

Thanks again for the soup recipe -

Carleen said...

I love your ideas walking to a faraway destination... there doing that in my province now.. "walk to whistler" for the 2010 olympics... its pretty motivating to have real goal.... btw LOVE the hustle video!