Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

*********day 5**********

I can't remember the last time I stuck to anything (that was good for me) for 5 days! I feel so in control! I used to just eat aimlessly all day (6days ago...) and now..I am making better choices and feeling full. I am excited to weigh in on Friday and change my cute little ticker. My dad is watching himself too..I am going to send him a link to this page..and maybe he will blog along with me. He and I have fought the battle of the bulge together for years.
I treated myself to a manicure and pedicure today..for being a good girl. I also got myself some good luck goodies too before I started. I think I will plan little rewards along the way.(links provided in case the hubby reads this) I will read what the rest of you are saying to get some ideas. ...so, this was not the most exciting post by far...but I am trying to post and read a few of these daily for motivation and support. So much better than the weight watcher meetings, b/c I can do it on my own time and online--which is one of my favorite places to be! Another happy moment--I took my cub scout den on a field trip to the Police Station tonight and they all behaved SOOOOOOO well. I was so proud of them. Gotta embrace the good times!
So, here's to me and my dad being the best bods at the pool this summer...or for me..maybe I'll actually wear a bathing suit this summer! And Faf--to you feeling good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Much success to you on the challenge!

Anonymous said...

I love the rewards. I keep putting pedicure up as a reward for myself. I really do need to stick it under a smaller goal! Hehe. Small rewards are great. Way to enjoy your success. Here's to a great journey and success.

Hanlie said...

Hi, well done for starting a blog and starting out on this journey. I will pop in regularly, fellow challenger!

Since I can't reach my feet properly, pedicures are also high on my list of rewards!

Hanlie said...

Oh, I forgot to say that 40 lbs by August sound perfectly do-able. It's my aim to reach goal by my 40th birthday, which will be in September 2009. Only about 175 lbs to go! Lol, excuse me while I rush to gym!

Lidian said...

Hi, I am doing the Healthy You Challenge too and thought I would drop by! I will add you to my blogroll and look forward to getting to know you! Lidian

Anonymous said...

Great!!! You are beautiful the way you are. But you'll be happier when you're thinner. What a great goal , to loose weight for your 40th. Hopefully your friends & family will be supportive.

Heather said...

that is great! and with each passing day, it will only get easier and easier as your behaviors will become habits and 2nd nature. I think your idea to reward yourself is great, that is always very important and helps keep you motivated. just dont reward yourself with food! lol. I say that because that was always my "reward" to myself before I began this whole thing, and I dont know why I ever thought that food should be a reward.