Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Friday, January 18, 2008

It's all good...

Well, the derby was a huge success. I added a little slideshow on the side for anyone interested..the pack of parents that I called apathetic couldn't do enough to help. Everyone stepped up! The kids behaved. Noone cried! There have times when I come home from a Pack Meeting and want to go under my covers and stay there for a long time. And...at the derby....one of the other moms came up to me and asked if I HAD LOST WEIGHT!! I haven't been asked that in a LONG time. Felt nice. Of course that is always awkward, b/c then she said..not that you needed to...yada yada yada. I do the same thing. It's hard to compliment a person on weight loss without thinking you offended...BUT I WILL TAKE IT. (wonder if rt asked her to do that..??nah..he wouldn't) I can't really tell on my body..my jeans are still tight at the tummy and my tops still pull at the chest and my face is still too round..but I do feel less bloated and just better overall. I weighed in today and lost 2.5 from last week. YES!! So..maybe I'll enter the new decade next week. I decided to add a new goal each weigh in day..this weeks goal--DRINK WATER. I actually love the stuff..I just forget. So I will add the water to my goal list..I will still work on last weeks goal of being careful when dining out too. It's really cold here..so I will be walking INSIDE. I did put the pedometer on as I only have clocked 2/1968 miles.. ..anyway.I hope you , the reader, have a GREAT weekend and much success. Thanks for stopping. I'm going to get a glass of water now, want one?

5 comments:

Diana Swallow said...

It feels nice when people notice that we've lost weight doesn't it? The kids look like they had a blast! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Lidian said...

Sounds like you had a great time! And congrats on the loss, that is wonderful!

Grumpy Chair said...

That is so great about someone noticing all your hard work is paying off.

We did cub scouts when my son was in third grade and my favorite thing was the Pinewood Derby.

Glad you enjoyed "Pet Shop Lady". I have noticed that even though I don't want to play because I'm busy doing something else or something I want to do, it feels so good when I set aside other things and just play with her. She loves it too.

Hanlie said...

Oh, I can't wait to do mommy things like that!

It is nice when people notice, and you should really just take it for what it is, a compliment!

Heather said...

that is so great!! sometimes it is a delicate situation to talk about weight with others, but just enjoy it for the simple fact that someone has noticed your efforts!