Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...
Friday, January 11, 2008
candy wrappers in the robe pocket...no longer
How bout that!!! Well, it's a sort of new 5 lbs--so I guess easy come..easy go? Not really easy..but a gift to motivate me to keep it going. And how fun that I get this little "button" too. It was such a great week. I joined this challenge, got my eating habits under control, had support here and at home and lost weight. I am still 10 lbs over the usual weight that I begin diets at..but I'll get there. When I put my robe on before hitting the scale , I heard crinkling sounds in the pocket. I reached in and pulled out a bunch of mini candy bar wrappers...tossed them out and hopefully said goodbye to that bad habit. I few weeks ago, my son wrapped himself in another robe of mine...and used it as a blanket (It's so soft) and when he moved around he heard the crinkling sound. Again, candybar wrappers in the pocket. So me..old me..in a robe (a favorite outfit of mine) , eating candy..too lazy to even get up and toss the wrappers. I resolve to NOT repeat that behavior this year! Hmmm...I loved visiting everyone's blogs..they are so interesting,fun and motivating. I like how many of you set mini goals..and celebrated your non scale victories-like not eating those brownies or working out. I know this week worked for me because of this challenge, so thank you. I need to give the most gratitude to my husband, who is the most wonderful man in the world..even though I don't always make him feel that way..He ate my new fave soup with me DAILY and raved about it. He even made a huge pot when we ran out so I wouldn't be without. I also made a few dinners from ww recipes and he gobbled them up and even called the next day to tell me how much he liked it and how we need to add it to our regular routine. I just really appreciated his enthusiasm. He doesn't really care about my weight..he loves me and finds me attractive this way --my little chubby chaser--but he knows I'll be happier with myself. So, rts...thanks for this week and throwing the candy wrappers away. Hopefully you won't see those around anymore. My goal for this week-well- last week,I was pretty sheltered..no dining out--no temptations- so this week -I will eat well when dining out and avoid /not give in to temptations. I will also set a mini goal. I would like to be in a new decade (hint the 70') by my 1/2 birthday..39.5 on Feb 15th. I am 4 lbs away from the border of the decade. Till next time....oh--LOVE THE CALENDAR GIRL IDEA!!! Doing it! Thanks again for the motivation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You are doing so well! It really helps when your family is supportive...
I know all about those mini candy bar wrappers in old pockets, BTW!
have a great weekend -
Hooray on the 5 pounds!!
awesome job with the 5 pounds!! that is so great. Im glad you have a great support system, and are starting to identify old behaviors (candy in the robe) that you know will hold you back from getting what you want. that is a great start. and just think..even though you are 10 pounds over where you normally "start" a diet, you will soon be below that and in new "diet" territory.
congrats on the loss, and the victory against candy ;) it's always hard re-starting a diet, but with the right attitude and motivation you'll do well! This is a great group doing the challenge, and I find a lot of support here myself.
Congratulations on the blog bling! Yay for no more candy wrappers!
It's great that your husband supports you. Mine does too... He'd have to, since this is how we're eating from now on.
Post a Comment