Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Friends thru thick and thin...day 10!

Aimee's Adventures - Recipes - Main Dishes - Turkey Meatballs

Made this for dinner tonight. It was very good. Wow. Another day down on program! I can't believe it. I feel so proud. I have started to tell a few friends about what I am doing and inviting them to join me or to check this out. Even if they don't blog, I hope they will visit and feel the motivation and support that I have felt. I hope they will leave me comments telling me how they are doing and what is/isn't working for them. I told one friend about it and was so happy to hear that she, too, is doing the w's. She has been my bff since 2nd grade and even if we don't plan it..we often seem to be doing similar things. We have shared this struggle together for years..telling each other when we find new foods (nibbles), diets (hehe) , clothing ...ect ,ect. I am so excited that she is on this journey with me. So this ones for K, may we go sleveless on our 40th birthdays ! (which happen to be 6 days apart!). ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more Have a good week all..and I am going to use the PEDOMETER tomorrow!

7 comments:

Carleen said...

thats how we get the results that we want...one day at a time!! keep sticking to the program and your gunna be hot by your birthday!!

Hanlie said...

Sleeveless! Oh yes! Make sure those arms are toned, but what nice goal to have. I'll never show my knees again, but I'd love to be able to reveal my arms...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the great work. What's nice about friends doing it with you is that you can give each other the kick in the arse, if it is needed :)

Felicia said...

Dropping off "Have a wonderful week" wishes to you!!

Have a good one!!

*huggles*
Felicia =0)

Heather said...

the recipes right there will help you. finding new meals and contantly switching things up will help keep your metabolism up and burning calories. I try to set a goal of trying 1 new meal a week at least and I have found that I have tried a lot of delicious food and I rarely eat the same thing.

glad you are doing so well!

Le Butterfly said...

Fit by 40 - now there is something I could aim - hehehehe - let see that gives me 6 years.

But I guess I will not get if I don;t take it one day at a time.

Thank you for comment.

Heather said...

in response to your comment on my blog...I am sorry if I offended you, but I think you are in no way like what I was describing. unless you are planning on losing the weight by your birthday and then going back to your old lifestyle. THAT is what I was referring to when I said that I didnt want to be one of "those" people. someone who diets to reach a goal and then goes back to eating the way they were before the goal. goals are great and I think yours is too and Im sorry if you misunderstood the difference that I was writing about.