Wow..never thought that I'd be a blogger..but after reading everyone elses..I thought Why not?...and I found this site that you needed to have a blog to join the Weight Loss Challenge..so again..why not. I have decided to keep everything web based anyway..work, my address book, my hobbies, my calendar..no why not my newest endeavor..the 40 by 40 challenge. Basically, I would like to be 40 pounds (OR MORE) lighter by my 40th birthday, which is August 15th. I have 7-ish mos..is that reasonable..not sure. ..but I am ready to try! It's kind of weird to have a blog..because others might actually read it and I am kind of private and paranoid...but maybe noone will read it. So, most people seem to start with their story..so here we go. I think I began to be a little chubby in middle school. Not really chubby..just a little. In high school too. Like I could never wear a normal bathing suit, let alone a bikini..I wore those blouson ones (the top) with regular bottoms. I did WW and lost weight before Freshman year in high school, then again before freshman year in college and then when i was a sophomore or junior in college. The last time I lost on it, I got to GOAL!! It was in 1989, I think. My friend, Caryn and I, worked as a team..supporting each other and SWIMMING almost every morning. Well, the lbs came back and now I am at my highest weight, besides being full term pregnant, and finally ready to do something. I have tried it ALL...lo carb, Jenny Craig,prescriptions, WW, the abs diet, slim fast...and much more. I like WW because it's livable. Some things that are helping to motivate me...
- I hate how I look in every picture
- Nothing fits
- My daughter told me I resemble the mom from Hairspray

- I seem to have become a bit of a perspirer and I am hoping some weight loss will alleviate this embarrassing situation
- I am just sick of being this way
- I have really bad eating habits
- I just can't have another spring/summer uncomfortable with myself
I have a great support system too- I have:
- the most supportive husband who will do this with me..even though he weighs around my goal weight :)

- amazing friends & family who care and support and share my feelings
- a health club membership, that is grossly underused
- kids, husband & a dog who love to play outside and engage in athletic activities

So, here I am..
day 3..which is great for me.
I have been GOOD for 3 days. My goals for this new year are to get it together..starting with the weight. Iwould love to turn 40 at a much lower weight and in a healthier body.
So, here's to me and 40by40.
4 comments:
Well, if you check in at Tales from the Scales, a few people WILL read your blog! :-) Welcome! I think 40 by 40 sounds totally reasonable, but it all depends on your body and how quickly it takes off weight. I'm a slow loser, so I've had to come to terms with that. In the time my hubby lost 100 pounds, I lost just 20. And he doesn't exercise because of an arthritic hip. Booger. :-P I was walking almost every day on the treadmill for MONTHS!
But the main thing is, we're eating healthy now. And I continue to stay active (except when the doctor tells me to STOP because my sick body needed rest.) I'm generally following the Abs Diet for Women eating guide. I never feel deprived and I'm almost never hungry. It has helped me a lot to have a challenge with weekly accountability through Tales from the Scales. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Path to Health
good luck with the challenge! sounds like you have a great support system and much to be thankful for so I know you will succeed.
Good luck with the 40 by 40. I think you will like blogging.
Welcome to blog land. I just started myself last summer (we have a family blog too but I only post to it a few times a year and it's just for family so it's different). I LOVE blogging now and it has really helped me reach my goal, well half of it. I think your goal is great and you can totally do it if you stay focused. Good luck and I look forward to readig more of your posts.
Post a Comment