Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Thursday, January 24, 2008

The honeymoon is over?


How I should feel.... How I do feel......

I am reflecting on a very insightful post by Hanlie. How this experience is so similar to the build up to a wedding--buying all the materials(fruits, veggies, workout clothes,etc), the excitement (support, new recipies, sucess), the honeymoon (the first big loss)--then you settle into wedded bliss and might have some struggles (pizza,eating all your points by noon) and you realize that you need to work at this and that it won't always be easy. So to stick with the analogy..and Hanlie, I hope you don't mind that I used your post for material today, we've had our first "big fight"( binge). The tombstone pizza was an appetizer compared to what I did yesterday. I tried to eat well..but decided to do my work in the kitchen yesterday. I counted all my points, but by 4 pm..I was out of points. Now, I could have had a salad and my veggie soup for dinner..but instead I ate a bunch of other things. I will not go into detail as I don't want to tempt anyone. It wasn't an outrageous binge, but it certainly wasn't OP. I had a sensible dinner and didn't eat after dinner. I am back in the game today. I was so down about what I did. I just couldn't get full yesterday. I think it's because I was tired. I have been going to sleep too late and not getting enough sleep. I was just looking for energy in the wrong places. After the binge, I had the worst headache and was very unpleasant. So, chalk it up to bumps along the road. (which I could use a driving/road analogy as well).I am not looking forward to my meeting with the scale tomorrow am, but I will be good today. I plan to have a good report tomorrow. Have a good day, drink your water and get enough sleep!
.

5 comments:

Heather said...

aw Im sorry that you are sad after everything! that is probably natural though. if only we could remember this feeling BEFORE we binge, then maybe we wouldnt. because honestly, I have never felt better after a binge, usually worse. so why do we do it when we usually end up feeling worse? Its hard, but it sounds like you are off to a better start today and that is fantastic.

Diana Swallow said...

I've had a rocky week too. I'm trying so hard to grasp my focus and hold on tight for dear life. I know how to diet and exercise but this is more than a mental game, its a physical game, we have to take the actions necessary to get us to our goals. A very successful dieter who lost 245 pounds left a comment on my blog that has been my motivation to keep going so I'll share it with you. "it sucks but every day you have to get up and do it, you may not want to but you have to put your big girl panties on and just do it"

She is right, its not easy and doing it for one day isn't enough. We have to have more days where we make right choices than wrong choices. We have to decide that we are worthy of reaching our goals.

I loved Hanlies "I Do" post too and I think its something we all need to look at...we know the recipe, now its time to put the ingredients all together and get cooking!

Hang in there, we will get through this together!

Hanlie said...

I like the analogy of a binge being like a fight! In that case I'm bickering today. Not too much, but enough to be annoying. Gonna stop right now!

Good for you for making up again! We need to forgive ourselves and realize that all is not lost. We can move on, and we can use the insight we've gained in future.

Anonymous said...

Sleep is a very important ingredient to good health. Your body needs sufficient sleep to heal itself, from whatever stress you put it through during the day. I also have trouble getting enough sleep. I usually 'catch up' on sleep on the weekend, but it's not ideal.
Chin up! You can do this and you have our support all the way.

Lidian said...

I had a bumpy week too, too much sugar yesterday...doesn't feel good! But next week might be better because the bumps bring things to our attention, maybe.