
I need a vacation..not that Disneyworld is one of those lay around and relax vacations..but it's away and it's warm-er. I shoveled for about an hour today! I hate to say I am getting tired of it..because I will miss it when I am sweatin' through the summer. I took a little peek at the scale this am..even though Friday is my weigh day..and I was in the mid 70's..Woo hoo. Well, I won't be weighing in until 3/7..the next Friday that I will be at my home scale.
So, I will be absent for a few days...or more. I am bringing my laptop..but I know that when we return to the hotel after a day at one of the Disney Parks--we are wiped out...and you never know if you can get internet access at some of these hotels. Probably can, though. Not sure.
I am bringing the trusty pedometer..I already misplaced the USB cord to sync it with my computer..but I will manually write my mileage down, if I can't locate it. I know I will be getting so much walking in. Today, I actually hit 10,000 steps..which is my ultimate daily goal..but I was working up to it in weekly 500 step increases.
As for eating, well, we aren't doing any PLANNED buffets this year..so that's good. I do enjoy to sample this and that from the different countries at Epcot...but I will just SAMPLE. That is my plan..MODERATION.
And...SPRING CLOTHES. YUK. Every year , around this time or a bit later, we seem to head somewhere warm. I prematurely take out the spring/ summer clothes ( b/c winter isn't over yet) and get so mad at myself for letting another spring/summer season come and not be ready to wear spring/summer clothes. I have never been a fan..not my best look. I am top heavy & broad and was never too comfortable in sleveless tops or even t-shirts. I just feel boxy. Unfortunately, it wasn't any different this year..although I do have a jump on it because at least this year, I am working on it. So, maybe I'm not ready to go sleveless...but might be in a better place come April, May and June. I went shopping today and tried on tons of spring/summer tops..since that baby doll/empire waist look is so popular, I tried a few on..ughhh..people would definitely ask when the baby was due. I did buy some basic v neck tees and a nice blouse..so it wasn't a total loss. I look forward to the day when i can throw on a pair of jeans and a tshirt and move on with my day. That is a goal of mine.
I have to go pack now. I hope you all have a great, in control, and on program week. I look forward to catching up in about a week..or less if I can get here. Oh..and my all of your dreams and wishes come true.
8 comments:
Enjoy your trip! Sound like fun!
Have a wonderful time!
Have a great trip Susie! Ride some roller coasters for me :D
Susie, that is great on the 10,000 steps! You have really inspired me to start using my pedometer again.
Hope you and your family have a super fantastic vacations, especially in the warmth of Orlando and a week away from the snow.
I say, leave your computer home at just enjoy the family time. Besides, you can always check email at the hotel's business section where they have computers.
I am so jealous! I would love to get out of this cold snowy weather. you have a great time, and enjoy everything in moderation. I know you can do it. if I could lose weight after thanksgiving, you can go on a trip and come back maintaining or having lost. I bet you will be doinga lot of walking and maybe swimming so that will help a lot.
i hear you about the babydoll tops...not for me!
Have fun!! ; )
have a safe and wonderful time!
Ooh, I'm very jealous, I love Disney. :-) Though it definitely isn't diet-friendly, but oh well. It's Disney!
Have a great time!
V.
Post a Comment