Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Friday, February 22, 2008

Car Trouble/Clutter/Spring Clothes


  1. CAR TROUBLE-

To begin with—my car up there is stalled. When I first got on the scale , the number I saw would make the car go in reverse..but I weighed myself a few more times until I saw a number I was ok with. So, I will say I maintained. I wasn't great this week..Again not terrible either though. Last night, I had a meeting where we were putting together a school yearbook, the funes from the glue gave me the worst headache. I came home and @ 10:30 at night, ate 2 broccoli pancakes (so good, 1 pt each) and some baked tostitios. The thing is, I have NOT been eating past 8 pm most nights..and I know this wasn't right..but I was trying to make myself feel better. Then I took 3 advil and passed out. I wish I would have skipped the eating and just gone to sleep. Well, live and learn. I could have eaten worse. As far as the "car", it wasn't getting the right gas. This week it's getting PREMIUM gas.


Clutter and Spring Clothes-I know it's all about control. I have never had control over my clutter. ..always been a piler.

There has got to be a tie in between my clutter and my eating habits. I guess it's self discipline and control. A few weeks ago, the clutter guy was on Oprah..talking about the connection between clutter and weight. I can see the correlations. To stay uncluttered, on needs to stick with it..you can't put things away and in the right place one day and then let it go for weeks. You can't go running if you CAN'T EVEN find your running shoes. (like me and my missing pedometer) Same with changing eating habits and working out. I can't do it one or two days and then go back to the old habits. It needs to be a gradual change..not all or nothing. I think I will incorporate clutter removal into this challenge as well. In baby steps, just like I am doing with my lifestyle changes. I will not make some statement like—DECLUTTER MY ENTIRE HOUSE..rather spend time daily working on bedroom closet. I will not go out and buy bins and buckets just yet—first get rid of the stuff I don't need. I stumbled upon this FLY LADY site when looking into the clutter/weight connection. She has this book that I am thinking about getting. It's called BODY CLUTTER. Has anyone read it? I will review it, once I buy it and read it. I found this Deseret Morning News | A bathroom scale can be your friend — honest"article by her...that TOTALLY spoke to me. Here is a little part of it.

"Releasing Body Clutter is not just about getting rid of weight. It is about letting go of the mental strings that attach those pounds to our bodies and hold them there. If we don't address those issues head-on we will be doomed to that never-ending cycle of "Crisis Cleaning, Crash and Burn" and gaining it all back. We have done this with our homes as well as our bodies. You know the drill; your mother is coming and you have to clean like crazy to get the house ready. You rake every thing off of every flat surface in your home and stash it in your bedroom. Then, after your mother leaves, the house gets trashed again.We do this all the time with other areas of our life; you know that "crash diet" to get ready for a wedding or the beach. After the event is over, all that Body Clutter is put back in place on our hips and backsides, because we did not establish routines for keeping it at bay. It is our routines that give us the power to face our clutter and that most personal of all clutter; our Body Clutter"


Soooooo..in addition to getting control of what goes in my mouth..I am going to be working on my surroundings..my environment. I have tried before. I hired someone a few years back to help me with this area…she taught me so much..and I was doing well with it. The most important thing she taught me was that everything has a place and to put things in their place after using them. It just got away from me.

So—GOALS…

1. JOURNAL ALL FOOD

2. WALK 4,000 steps a day.

3. Spend at least 15 minutes declutter-ing daily.

I am leaving for Orlando—(Disney) mid week, so this might have a small impact on the decluttering and I might not be able to log online or blog L..but I know I will be walking!!!!!!!!!

Guess Spring Clothes are happening in my next post. Have a great in control weekend.


5 comments:

CindyPTN said...

I am a big fan of FlyLady and her system. I completed a book review back in December, Body Clutter Review.

I really enjoyed the book and the journal entries.

Heather said...

that is a fantastic analogy! I love it. and at least you know why you car was stalling...and you know you have control over whether or not it goes forward or backwards now. I know that you can give it the fuel it needs, and that you can have the strength to declutter your life to find the "tools" you need to fix you car up and get it moving again, in the right direction.

Brightcetera said...

I love the pretty new look on your blog.
Amen and amen, sister! I'm so with you on the clutter thang. I have the book you're speaking about but of course it's in a pile of clutter. I'm a right mess, literally :) I promised myself I would spend 15 min a day decluttering this week but it hasn't happened. Today I've started working on the kitchen though and I'm making some progress.
I'm doing pretty well in the food dept despite being cluttered but I know I would feel so much better about doing other things if I didn't live in such a messy house.
I have Flylady on my blogroll ~~ maybe I should actually go visit her again. :)
Please know you're not alone and if you want a clutterbuddy I'm here for you. I think I may just set up another blog just for decluttering or just post daily lists of what I accomplish. Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

I hear you about the clutter! I need to declutter myself and going to start doing that this week hopefully. ; )

HappyBlogChick said...

I have household clutter issues, too. Slowly but surely I'm getting it dealt with. It's a process, that's for sure!