Thanks for playing! Parting gifts go to GrumpY and Scale Junkie..Shame on me for not editing!
Here we go..

1.Yes..Our first concert was a 5 band HEAVY METAL concert titled "Operation Rock and Roll". (I did have the name wrong, sorry. It was so hot and loud..but it didn't matter. I was with my guy and all was good. So..if you wonder why
"our song" is "Living after Midnight" by Judas Priest...now you know. It actually isn't...but my love is a metaldude--but you'd never know by looking at him. It's just one part of the wonder that makes up my guy.
2. THE LIE! I was not! But....Ferris Buhler, All the John Hugh's movies (Breakfast Club,Sixteen Candles,...) and Risky Business were all filmed around the area where I grew up..when I was in high school...but I wasn't in any. Say them all many times though :)
3 True--Sad, but true. THis is one of those character builders. I don't know how we chose it..but I lived with a family that spoke only French and I spoke only English. It was definitely a learning experience..of course,I was to young to appreciate the experience..but we still laugh about it often. There were other English speaking kids on my tour and after our time on Miquelon, we got to visit Quebec City, which is LOVELY and then my real English speaking family met up with me and all was well.
4.
True--Is this TMI? Maybe I am violating his privacy and my own by sharing this..but it's part of us. Everyone might have there own ideas about ADHD and that's ok. We both came to this by surprise..mine by my physician and my boy through a little therapy for anger management. We were tested differently and are treated differently. I take medication..we monitor his with behavior modification and other strategies. Finding this out about myself was such a revelation, as it explained so much of my f*^k ups in my earlier days. When I take my meds, I equate it to a person who is nearsighted who gets glasses..I can just see more clearly. I am torn about medication my guy. Luckily, there are so many resources and tools for parents. ps. you can probably tell by some of my posts when my meds wear off..hee hee5. Oh yea..Another sad but true! It's like a FINGER! I guess it's called Morton's Toe..There's a name for it..and I have a friend who has it too...Sometimes I feel funny about wearing open toe shoes...maybe noone even notices? The good thing bout it , for a lazy gal such as myself, is I don't have to bend down to pick things up. I can do LOTS with the mighty toes! (not with food..yet..) :)I will post a pic..AFTER a pedicure. Not now--although it would be a good appetite suppressant.
6. TRUE ! Well..I was on the NBC NIGHTLY NEWS a few years ago when a really bad FLU hit the US and they needed footage of a family with the FLU. So, our national claim to fame is getting sick. We have been on the local news here about 6 times. My cousin married a great girl who happened to be a reporter. She got a job as the reporter who goes different places everyday and reports on the happenings and cool places/events to go.
We have been able to get access to a really cool Winterfest here before it opens ..we get to invite friends and have the whole place to ourselves ..and it's filmed. She did 2 segments from my house..one on Preparing for Thanksgiving, where my entire family was part of making the meal and the Butterball lady was here too. I even "stagemomed" my kids and had my son play piano while my daughter sang! She did a Chanukah segment from out house too..where we again had all our friends over..played dreidel (my son explained..on camera for 3-4 minutes how to play!!), had a local Kosher bakery bring in goodies and a local boutique bring in Chanukah paraphernalia - is that the right word? --gifts, Menorahs,etc. I told her we are up for anything..to help my cousin of course :)I think I will probably use one of my scouts groups for her next segment with us. I will post one of our segments--or a link. Dang..I just looked..it's not on the news page. I will get one on here one way or another,
Well--there you have it--you know be better than more people I see daily!!!! I hope it wasn't TMI!!!! THanks for playing!!!
4 comments:
Hiya. I love the colours. It's a happy place!
I added your site to my blog today, I hope you don't mind.
Interesting! Thanks for telling us about you and your life.
I'm glad to hear you're back in control and also that you're getting your steps in.
thats how I felt last week when I was stuck with all the food for the jewelry party. but not to worry, I know you will find your way back to healthy eating and this will just be a distant memory that you can learn from.
Very neat. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment