Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tuesday Check In- Remotivate!

Well after that dreadful +4 from Friday to Monday..I had to weigh myself today...phew I was only up +1 since Friday. I will not weigh again until Friday. Back in the game today. Counted pts. Need to drink more water. Okay, I did have some popcorn at the movie today..we saw Hannah Montana AGAIN.(last time,really!)..I just had a little (counted the pts)...THEN STOPPED..WOO HOO...and the kids both got milk duds..(my FAVE) and guess how many I had..NONE! I have to celebrate these things..see the awesome scale junkies post today. I have been thinking about motivation and have some ideas for posts. Today,since it's about 1 month since I began, I thought I'd revisit my first post. When I was all gung ho and pumped.

Some things that are helping to motivate me...
  • I hate how I look in every picture
  • Nothing fits
  • My daughter told me I resemble the mom from Hairspray
  • I seem to have become a bit of a "perspirer" and I am hoping some weight loss will alleviate this embarrassing situation
  • I am just sick of being this way
  • I have really bad eating habits
  • I just can't have another spring/summer uncomfortable with myself

Well- it's been a month. Soon it will be 6 months to the big 40!!! I really want to stay motivated , make good choices and reach my goal! Even sooner..it will be the dreaded spring/summer and I don't want to spend another spring/summer covered up, layered and sweating. So I need to keep these thoughts in perspective to keep me going.

However, in one month's time-- I have

  • Improved my eating habits
  • Made much better eating choices
  • Exercised a little more --I'll get there.
  • Lost 11.5 lbs
  • Gotten a few compliments on weight loss.
  • Cooked much more/dined out less

So, there is progress. Look forward to my March check in!!!!

Also, I ORDERED my pedometer. Put my pilgrimage back on the page and will begin to track the miles the minute I take it out of the box! It has a safety strap and will work even if in my pocket. So this one is here for the long haul. I hope. Will review it when I get it.

Should be a fun night of watching the Super Tuesday Results.....and more shoveling or slush?

9 comments:

Hanlie said...

You have done very well in one month! Modesty is our enemy on this journey, we need to acknowledge and keep on reminding ourselves of our triumphs! Obviously the weekend was not good for you, but well done for being back on track!

Anonymous said...

Susie, I think you are doing AWESOMELY! (Is that a word?) You are making some wonderful changes and it's so important to remember that you cannot and shouldn't expect to be perfect. And you don't have to be.

I think it's great that you're taking charge of your life and your health; at this rate your 40s will be the best decade yet. You go, girl! :-)

Valerie

Diana Swallow said...

I think you are off to a great start! The key is to make more good decisions than you do bad ones...yeah my Mom told me that about picking boyfriends when I was 17 but the same is true in dieting when you are 41 or 39 in your case. We can do this!! I don't believe you look like the hairspray mom but I do believe that your 40's are going to be fabulous! You are building new habits and making lifestyle changes that will not only make your life better, they will influence the kids too. That matters.

Heather said...

you have accomplished so much in a month! just think what you can accomplish in another 6 months. that is why you shuld never give up, and use those reasons you listed to help motivate you. glad to hear you are only up a pound..that can come off real easily.

Manuela said...

I just turned 40 and had to check out your site. Looks great! I lost 70 pounds on WW 6 years ago. I did it in 8 months simply by sticking to my points and exercising. Since then, it's been up and down but I'm committed to losing it this year. Keep it up!

Manuela

Grumpy Chair said...

11.5 pounds is a great weight loss for the first month! You rock girl.

Smart to go back and revisit your first post and look to see where you are a month later.

Hope you don't have to shovel too much snow.

Honi said...

EXCELLENT FOR ONE MONTH.. when ever u doubt yourself.. remind yourself how bad you want this... This is about you !... Susie you are doing super...

Manuela said...

Susie, my sister got married to a yankee from Gridley, IL. Ever hear of it? I like your blog and I'm going to put you on my list of faves if you don't mind!

Anonymous said...

You have done awesome on the weight loss for a month wow! WTG.