Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Monday, February 25, 2008

Can't stop eatin' em...

It's always something..but that's life. There are two boxes of unopened thin mints calling to me all day long...I told RT to take them to work but he forgot...I was lucky we only ended up with 3 boxes..unless I bought from others and forgot. I sent some home with a friend who stopped over...I tried to get the kids to eat them..not interested....I had maybe 4 total..which really isn't bad. When I ate the first one--RT looked at me and said"you know, they are like Jay's potato chips..can't stop eating em". Must have some addictive ingredient in them. Maybe instead of buying, I could just make a donation to the GS. My little one will sell them next year..but I WILL NOT BE COOKIE MOM and house all those cookies!That would be dangerous!So, I had 2 last night. And was not satified after that..and I thought..what a waster. I could have have 2 zucchini patties and be full for the same point amount!!! or 4 veggie pancakes.. SO, here is what I say...

Back OP for last couple days..feeling much better about it. The accountability of writing it all down is a very, very helpful tool. Doing the 4000+ steps. Drinking the water..not as much as I need to ...but will..started making Crystal Light Lemonade. Yum. I loved those Zucchini pancakes so much that I looked into other items like that --I have found Dr. Praeger's Broccoli Pancakes, These veggies patties and pancakes and I like them all. I do want to learn to make them myself though. Would probably cut the cost.

On the clutter front..made progress in the closet. It was so bad that we couldn't change a light bulb that was out. I had to go in and get my spring clothes for my trip..but couldn't reach them due to the piles and piles. Maybe I will take a pic of the newly cleaned closet . Will do 15 mins (or more) of de-cluttering again today.

I bought a bunch of books today...ugh..bookstores can be so dangerous for me.
I got:
Body Clutter
looking forward to this one!!
Deceptively Delicious
Time for my son to eat something healthy (that's a whole different post)..me too. since I just began eating more fruits and veggies when I started this challenge.
A HUGE WW cookbook
couldn't resist-- it is in binder form so I can add my own finds too :)

and this-- (About motivating the "tuned out" child) not diet/food related- but after a weird parent teacher conference..I thought I needed to look into this. Poor B. So misunderstood.

I will write about spring clothes after I try them on as I am packing. Such a build up, huh?!

ps- In case you must eat girl scout cookies...here's some info

See ya'll on Check in Tuesday.

11 comments:

Heather said...

oh yes..those darn girl scout cookies are the devil! I am personally a fan of the peanut butter patties.

Grumpy Chair said...

Step away from the girl scout! We don't have any girl scouts in the neighborhood, but they are parked out front of the grocery stores - I just pretent i can't hear them and look busy when I walk by.

I cleaned my closet out today - feels so much better.

Anonymous said...

That Deceptively Delicious cookbook is awesome! I have been cooking meals out of it this month and my daughter has never eaten so many veggies hehe ; )

Tori Leslie said...

Oh Girl Scout cookies, what a nice memory! °Ü°

Those books sound really beneficial, I have heard about the body clutter, they say it's a good one.

Oh yea I found you though Bev's blog.

Hanlie said...

Put those cookies under the wheel of your car, drive over them and throw them in the trash! They need to be destroyed immediately!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

LOL I have this image of you chasing down all your friends and relatives and forcing boxes of cookies on them! Kind of the February equivalent of the fruitcake. :)

I've managed to avoid the scouts so far, but I really should send a donation.

Thanks for the book list!

Ready Maid said...

I think that de-cluttering bug has hit everyone lately! Remember that song, "Do Your Ears Hang Low?"

I'm thinking about writing new lyrics:

Well, does all this clutter make my butt look fat?
Is that why I can't tell where anything's at?
If I clean up all the clutter, will my butt go away?
(Can't think of the last line!!)

HappyBlogChick said...

Oh, those thin mints are EVIL! Even worse for me are the peanut butter sandwich cookies. I can sit down and eat half a box of either one, I swear. I think you showed remarkable restraint, personally.

I don't let them in my house anymore. Literally, they're not allowed through the door. Good for you for sending them away.

Congrats on the de-cluttering progress, and on being back on plan for the last couple days.

Manuela said...

I don't buy those 100 calorie snack packs. Yet another marketing ploy to make us think we're doing something good for us.

Got to say, I do love thin mints!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I read your comment on my blog so I thought I'd pop on over to comment on yours. Funny how your last post was totally in line with mine! I think we are in the same place - good luck to you!

btw, Thin mints are the devil in a chocolatey minty delicious disguise!!

Diana Swallow said...

Girl Scout cookies are the devil. Those trefoils call my name! Thin Mints, hello darling!!

Yeah I was a cookie pusher when I was a kid so I try not to glare at the little darlings when I see them outside of the grocery stores but I just have to keep walking!!