Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Step away from the kid's candy, ma'am!




My son is going to come home with LOTS of candy..my parents and sister in law are
going to bring over VD treats and gifts...AND I WILL NOT TOUCH ANY OF IT! YOU HEARD IT HERE...mainly because I can't just take one bite. One bite turns into two, three .."WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL MY CANDY"..he'll say in tears. It happened at Halloween. He went to school with a full candy bucket..and all the milk duds,twix and snickers had vanished when he got home. Well...I am DECLARING THAT IT WON'T HAPPEN ON VD.NO,NO,NO! For another reason also..the next day...marks 6 months to the BIG 4-0. 30 lbs in 6 mos..??? Sure. No problem. (I have more to go after that..but I like the easy to remember 40x40 line). So..I wish you all the same strength that I plan to have tomorrow or today ..by the time I publish.
Some updates....

  • My mood is better. I am eating better and am just doing what I can and trying to deal with annoying situations (event related) with humor..instead of anger, pity..
  • Still steppin'..... Tomorrow--I will give the weekly mileage :)
  • Grabbing motivation from many of these great blogs ------->not sure it matched up with my blog list.
  • Found a new food that I can't get enough of, courtesy of Honi's blog,These are amazing..1 point each and a great side dish to the BEST SOUP EVER.
  • When the banquet is over..I want to do more cooking and trying new recipies. I am going to try to make a version of these first!!!
  • Did something new tonight..not diet /fitness related..I got THREADED! Anyone do this? It's an alternative to waxing (hair removal). It was soooooo cool! My eyebrows look pretty nice..if I must say..I can't even begin to understand how it works..but it does. I was tired of the breakout, cost and hassle of the waxing & don't seem to tweeze well so I thought..why not try it. So far so good (few hours later).

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL...BE STRONG!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do that too with my daughter's candy. She got some candy from my mom and my sister in the mail and unfortunately....I ate some lol. But she said it was for me! She wanted to share, how could I refuse? ; )

Anonymous said...

Ok, hope you can resist the candy. There will be none in this house. I bought my honey a nice salad wrap for supper and I will have a green juice.

Thanks for that soup recipe. It's now in my recipe file!

I must investigate threading. First time I've heard of it, so I don't know if it's reached our shores yet. My legs need waxing...

Brightcetera said...

Ha! I have the same problem with 1 turns into the whole bag. I have to stay away unless it's 85% chocolate...that I can handle.
I saw those Zucchini pancakes on Honi's site too...and 1 pt! I'm envious...I can't buy those where I live. I'll have to find a recipe and make them myself.
You'll be ok today...you're sweet enough, right?
Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you lots and lots of strength and determination, I know what you mean about it being so hard to leave the stuff alone. It's all so little that you think, "Well, one little piece won't blow anything" but it always turns into many many little pieces...

Hang in there, I'm going to try to, too! :-) Happy V-Day!

Valerie

HappyBlogChick said...

I am right there with you. If I don't take the first bite, it's all good. After the first, I'm done for, and the candy's suddenly gone.

I'll have to find those pancakes, thanks for the tip!

Happy VD!

Felicia said...

I have sooooooooo been there. Can't do it so much anymore but I found that if I mentally could still do it OMGOSH I would inhail all his goodies. Some thoughts never change lol.

I am lucky though. Joshua is not a huge candy eater. I finally threw out what was left of his Halloween candy in JANUARY! But if I could have I would have just eaten it instead.

In the end he didnt need all the candy either lol.

Stay strong! YOU CAN DO IT!

Oh and if it gets to tempting. But the stuff in the freezer! That way he can still eat it and if you want a piece you can to but its hard as a rock and you cant inhail it HAHAHA.

Good luck!
*huggles*
=0)

Grumpy Chair said...

Aarrgh - bought the kids each a big old heart full of candy and I have already had 3 pieces of Grumpette's. Goes nice with coffee. And I'm not a chocolate eater unless I'm hormonal.... hmmm.

Regarding the Weight Watchers Mint Chocolate Chip Sundae - it is a Smart Ones that you buy in the freezer section - each dessert has 150 calories/3 grams of fat. It looked decadent on the cover - we will see how it taste tonight.

Lidian said...

I didn't buy too much chocolate, just a little dark chocolate in individually wrapped squares. This may actually turn out to be too much, knowing me, but I will try to be strong too!

Tammy said...

I didn't have to worry about Valentine's Day candy this year because my kids are homeschooled and we are all watching what we eat. I think 30 pounds in six months is totally doable! Keep up the great work :)

Heather said...

I have always wanted to get my eyebrows threaded! but I heard that you have to let them grow out for a while and I cannot go a week without pulling out the tweezers. so I never have.