Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Thursday, February 7, 2008

And she's off...take 2


My pedometer came!!! Yea..It already fell off once but it works in my pocket so that's where it will live. I am going to play with the software it came with now. My virtual pilgrimage is back on. Look for updates as I walk from Chicago, Il to Lancaster , CA . It's from where I am now to where I was born 39.5 years ago. I hope to make it by my birthday! I will be back with my weigh in tomorrow and possibly a meme. So much to look forward to!

7 comments:

Hanlie said...

Yay, go for it!

Tammy said...

Hi Susie! Thank you for stopping by my blog the other day. I meant to get here sooner, but life has been a little hectic with not much computer time. I really enjoyed reading your posts. I went back a few and you make me giggle :D Back when I was in my 30s, my goal was to be in the best shape of my life when I hit 40, but I started back to school and sat on my butt studying and 40 came and went with me being near my highest weight ever! So after a stressful summer last year, I decided to do something constructive and when I hit 41 in January I was very nearly in the best shape of my life. So I am totally rooting you on! I lost 30 pounds in four months and am now very, very slowly losing another five pounds. My goal was 130lbs but I revised it 125, and I am about three pounds from my ultimate goal now. Eventually I'll get there.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you. Good luck with your pilgrimage! Here is a link you might be interested in checking out, too: http://www.womenshealth.gov/woman/ I want to start walking/jogging outside as soon as the weather improves, but in the meantime I spend lots of time at the gym on the elliptical machines.

Have a great weekend!

HappyBlogChick said...

Hooray for new toys!

What a fun goal. I look forward to the updates!

Anonymous said...

I think the virtual pilgramage is a great idea! A group I was part of on the Biggest Loser Club did a few challenges that way; there are some awesome things you can do to keep yourself motivated. We visited all the "World's Largest" things one time; visited everyone's home towns...we even canoed down the Amazon. :-)

Have a wonderful time, sounds like a lot of fun!

V.

Grumpy Chair said...

oooh that is a fancy one! You will make it to your birthplace . . . I'm rooting for you.

Lidian said...

Oh, that pedometer looks so cool! Let us know how you like it, please - and have a wonderful weekend!

Heather said...

very nice! definitely looks like a great pedometer!