Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Monday, February 18, 2008

Everything in moderation


I survived the Blue and Gold Banquet..this was the event that I have been a little freakeshly intense about lately. It was my first time chairing an event like this..andI took it really seriously...really..but it was GREAT. The entire event was perfect, I think. However, the planning..not so perfect. I worked SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard on this event..I fell behind on work, house stuff, other hobbies, working out, blogging :)...When it was over..many people asked me," What are you going to do with your time?". I said, "Get back to my life". So, my point was everything in moderation. I guess if I could change just one thing about the event..it would be all the time I took away from other things for this..on the flip side..the hard work did pay off. It really was a perfect event..and I got many accolades tonight..not why I did it though. I did it b/c noone else was. I might ppost some pictures from the event. For those who don't know what the B & G is, it's a big cub scout event. It's usually a celebratory meal and for us..we do awards, recognition of leaders, rank advancement from cub to boy scout, and much more. Our theme this year was Chinese New Year and it really was fun to plan. I forgot to wear my pedometer tonight..bummer b/c I never sat down! Even missed the cake :(..maybe that's a good thing..b/c I didn't eat all day b/c I was preparing everything.

So, on the weigh in front..my car went forwards!!! -1.5..woo hoo. Even after that piece of pizza for dinner Thurs pm! So, time for Lifestyle Goals... time to bump the steps up to 3,500 daily and I have not been logging the food! So.........as I read somewhere..If you bite it,write it. I will log my food this week.

It is very late..but I didn't want to go another day without checking in with my blogging buddies! I am off to the most restful sleep knowing my event is over and I have NOTHING to plan for a while.
I hope you all have a great Monday!

10 comments:

Diana Swallow said...

I'm so glad you made it through the banquet and it was a huge success.

Congrats on the 1.5 pound loss and for your commitment to increase your exercise!

I started using sparkpeople.com for my food log and I just love it, they make it so easy to track your food, water and exercise and even make recommendations.

Isn't it nice to get your life back?

Manuela said...

Congrats on your successful event and weight loss. Keep it up and 40will be fabulous for you too!

Tammy said...

Congrats on the success of the B&G banquet. We attended a few of those over the years. I'm glad it's behind you and that you can now move forward with life. Congrats also on the weight loss! Awesome!! I know your car will continue going forward from this point. Keep walking and journaling your food intake and you can't go wrong. :D

Hanlie said...

Well done on the weight loss! You must be so pleased. And yay for having your life back!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is just awesome! I'm so glad the banquet went well, what a wonderful feeling. And I'm glad you can get back to your life. :-)

And you've got a wonderful loss too, what a perfect cap to the whole thing! Way to not let stress and busy-ness interfere with your progress. Congratulations on both fronts!

V.

Honi said...

yay the banquet is done.. time to breath!!!

Grumpy Chair said...

Sounds like your B&G banquet was a big success.

Hope you slept a good 8 hours.

Best of all you lost weight!! yippie!!!!

Heather said...

congrats on your loss! and for making it through and sticking to moderation. that truly is the key to most weight loss successes.

Anonymous said...

WTG On the loss!! =0

Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!

Honi said...

welll I have some questions to answer from your comments on my blog.. I dont know if you can eat an etrog or not.. I kind of thought that was strange they put it in that list.. not to mention they put pork too.. I guess they want you to have a name for it... the website I got the list from was suppose to list Kosher foods lol.. go figure.. anyhow.. we are leaving in mid march I have a blog dedicated to the trip its in my side bar.. I think its called another great adventure.. I dont remember off the top of my head.. We will be there for Purim.. and I am really looking forward to that a LOT.. THis will be our first trip but my brother in law and sister in law have been so has my other brother in law.. we are all going together..it will be neat to see it all from their perspective as well as ours.. we are having a private tour guide the whole trip too.. so that is really cool.. anyhow check out the other blog I will be updating it on Thursday .. our intinerary has changed a little...