Ok..SO it's been a few days. I didn't avoid the blogging on purpose..even if I wasn't being the best at being OP.
Well, I sent this article to myself the other day as a little reminder. Motivator, etc. I just forgot to read it. Ughhh.. I thought in sticking with the 7 Habits..I'd do my successful and non successful moments from the past few days.
Let's start positive:
Seven "Habits" that I considered successful this weekend.
1. Went swimming and walked laps in the water. (45 mins total)
2. Shoveled last night.
3. Did not get popcorn @ Hannah Montana or Juno.
4. Brought veggies to the Superbowl Party and ate them!
5. Drank water at the SB party.
6. Didn't eat TOOOO much at the SB party. If I did sample something, I just took a small taste.
7. Ate lots of fruit there.
Seven "Habits" that I considered not so successful this weekend
1. Weighed myself this am. +4 lbs since Friday am... :(
2. Ordered pizza for dinner Friday night. (cause, effect..see above)
3. Bought A Recess Pieces at the movie. She had about 10. I had about.........
4. Baked with B on Saturday night. Ate what we baked.
5. Made a dessert for party. Sampled it before to make sure it was "ok".
6. Didn't count points at the party.
7. Sampled a few items at the party. Which would be ok..If I would have maybe just "counted" them.
So, there ya have it. I am back in the game today. I don't know if it's the carb/sugar haze or just plain ol fatigue but I am tired and fuzzy today. I'd like to stay in bed. I will be working on my motivation and will power, because it's just not so strong right now. I will be OP today. I really liked the feeling of being in control I had the past few weeks. I just need to learn to remember that at the right times. ANyone want to share what motivates you? What keeps you OP?
And, In case you didn't click on the link above. Here is that list.
Yea..We have all heard it before but never hurts to be reminded..especially on a Monday.
Have a great one..and I hope to either take a long nap or snap out of this funkiness.
Seven Habits Of Highly Successful Dieters
Seven Habits Of Highly Successful Dieters
Maintaining healthy eating habits in our society is a life long challenge, not a three-month program. Its a challenge in which the payoffs are well worth the effort.
1. Get organized. Plan snacks ahead so when the urge to eat hits you there is something "good and easy" to reach for.
* Peel carrots, cut celery or cucumbers ahead of time so they are handy.
* Place no more than 10 (50 calories) pretzels in a baggie for a snack.
* Drink water, ice tea, V-8 when you feel like snacking. Tell yourself if you're still hungry when you finish the drink that you'll have a snack.
* When the urge to snack hits you, go out and walk around the house five times.
2. Get rid of all (or most) junk food in the house or ask a family member to hide it.
3. Don't let yourself use the old excuse at the grocery store, "The cookies are for the kids. They're not on a diet." Remember if they end up in the house, they will probably end up in your mouth.
4. If you blow it at lunch, don't write off the rest of the day.
5. Try to plan your meals at least one day ahead. The more decisions you leave to the last minute, the more chance you have of grabbing something quick and fat.
6. If you find yourself becoming very hungry mid-afternoon, or in the evening, eat a bit more nutritious food at mealtime, or anticipate the in-between-meal hunger and plan a nutritious snack.
7. Go easy on yourself. A treat here or there won't be the end of you. Just be reasonable!
6 comments:
Glad to hear you're back in the game! What you did yesterday is not important, only today matters!
I think your lists are great and I know you will be successful because you do your best to follow what you should do and celebrate your accomplishments.
Wow, my hero! You went to TWO movies and didn't get popcorn? There should be some sort of award for that! LOL Good for you in getting yourself re-focused on today!
I agree- go easy on yourself!!
Great blog post!!
I think the best thing my husband and I did was color-code everything in the house. I got some colored dots and stuck stickers on everything that we eat. (well, the packages, not the food!) That way when you need a snack, you can decide how many points you want to spend, and then easily eyeball the right snack for you!
Think of it this way: we didn't all get where we are by eating badly every day. We'd have our good days then too... Weight loss is a series of hills and valleys. In the end, it's not one day, or one weigh in, it's what you do *in general* for the rest of your life.
Your seven successful habits are wonderful and powerful accomplishments - good job!
What is great about your post is that although you feel like you got off track, it looks like you have a plan to jump right back on track.
I think that's what this journey is all about - keeping on keeping on. The motivation will ebb and flow, but if you jump back on track after getting off track you'll do great, with or without motivation.
Post a Comment