

So, yesterday was LEAPDAY or LEAP YEAR..whatever it's called on 4 hrs of sleep..and
is there any truth to the "don't count if you did it on leap year theory "(which I just came up with)..about as much truth as "if noone sees you eat it" or "if you eat standing up" theories that I've tried.
Anywhoooo..i guess there have been moments of good choices and some not so good. The mentality of eating my way through the ol WORLD SHOWCASE at Epcot is a tough one to break. Not that I can't get most of this stuff at home or on line..but I needed to begin the day with a mini quiche in France..and Falafel lunch in Morocco. To be honest not so bad when I see it in writing..My son, however,who LOVES the WORLD SHOWCASE..decided that he'd like a "FOODENEIR" for each country...better him that me. But if it's around me too long..we know who will eat it. Besides. learning is multi sensory..so as he eats his Canadian smarties or his Marathon bar from the UK, his Japansese Hi-Chew and Pocky, Italian & Norwegian chocolates..I'll try to teach him something. As it tuned out, he ate almost NO protein at lunch or dinner, so we took his candy away. RT did. Hid it someplace. Anyway, I digress. I wasn't that bad..I got full actually! As much as I would have loved a snack in Japan and China..a treat in Norway and Italy..I wasn't hungry!! WOO HOO! We went to a nice dinner @ O'hana @ the Polynesian..I had salad,some meat (turkey/steak) maybe w/ too much dipping sauce and some potatoes. I left early b/c my little Abba was sick. Poor thing..she looked awful..eyes all glassy and she had a fever. I got her out of there..we had to take a monorail,walk a while, then a bus. Poor thing vomited right infront of the Magic Kingdom..not so Magical.Her mood is wonderful though and she is super sweet, even with the fever and vomiting. We will probably take it easy today..do whatever she wants..can handle. The boys will go off to a park w/out us.
So,I thought I overdid it and blew it big time...but when I see it here. Not so bad!!
And, I haven't even gotten to the walking yet!!!! Lot's of mileage in the last few days!!! I have hit 5 miles a day on my pedometer!!!The weather & sights are so beautiful, I really could be outside and just keep going!!Today's weather was truly perfect. B and I are having fun with the pedometer..we try to predict how many miles we will reach per day..and I will randomly ask him.."ok--how many steps do you think I am at now...?" He cheers me on..wants me to walk to California by 40 :).
And..here comes Debbie downer..So Rts took some pics of me..and I didn't like them at all. I was reminded that I am just at the beginning of this and need to stop slacking and lose this weight. I'd post a pic..but they are on the other computer (mine). This one is RT's that he's using for "work".
I am glad that I visited my blog..b/c it helped me "refocus" and take some inventory of my habits for the past few days.
Few other random musings---
My skin is so broken out. It was doing way better when I was eating better.
I went to an incredible African buffet called Bama @ the Animal Kingdom Lodge (nice place!!!) It was delish! I don't know if there are other people who visit my blog from Africa--except Hanlie in S. Africa..but you have some yummy stuff over there! I don't believe I have eaten too much, or any African food in my 39.5 years..
I will travel around to blogs and catch up later..promise. But now--i will catchup on sleep. I have been up for the last few hrs..and better get back to bed or I will be a mess . HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!
5 comments:
Sounds like you're having a great time!
I think the best thing to do is carry a water bottle with you the whole time and drink that rather that sodas etc. Stay away from candy, and otherwise enjoy!
There's an African buffet restaurant around here that we've been meaning to go to and never have. Now we probably never will - a buffet would be totally wasted on us and it's not cheap! African cuisine is so diverse!
sounds like a blast! I wish I could be there..too much snow here. I agree with hanlie..have water with you at all times so you wont have to turn to other drinks.
I think it sounds like you're doing great. You are on vacation, and while I know that shouldn't be taken as license to abandon healthy eating, I think you have to make some allowances. :-) It sounds like you've done that without going nuts, and that's wonderful. A balance that allows you to be healthy but still enjoy every second...what could be better? You're not at Disney every day, after all.
Poor little one...I hope that she's much better soon! It's miserable being sick and having to be sick while at Disney is just unfair.
With all that walking, I'll bet you lose anyway. In any event, you're getting in lots of cardio and you're not going nuts with food, so burn a few more calories by patting yourself on the back. :-)
V.
I need a vacation!!!
I would love to try that buffet--sounds yummy. I was just speaking to a friend about going to buffet's and really noticed that since my weight has been down, I just can't eat as much. Do you feel the same way?
They love when people like I come because we never eat our money's worth :)
sounds like u are having a wonderful time.. enjoy!
Post a Comment