Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Sunday, March 30, 2008

ARGHHHHHH!

If I did that 5 word meme this week--it would be---
ONE STEP FORWARD, TWO STEPS BACK.

oops ..that's 6.

Not to be all negative..just saying..that's how this past week went.

It was Spring Break for my kids. My husband left for a work trip Monday am. He came back FRIDAY night. LONG WEEK.

My parents did help me out, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. They took the kids Monday night to Wed am. It was a nice little break for me. That was the best OP day. I ate well and walked the dogs and even got to the gym!

Then the kids came home....and here come the excuses....

I was out of my routine--I had no time for me--yadayada. I could have made it work. I just didn't. So, again , I move on. We had a nice week. And I wasn't that bad..I just didn't log food or exercise that much.
I also stayed up way too late a few nights...having me time...and doing things RT usually does.
(house stuff). He doesn't travel that much--but when he does..I always am reminded just how much he does help me.

So, he came home Friday night..and we were all so excited. I was made him a most wonderful meal..sauteeed sweet peppers w/ pin nuts, pasta and chicken. I picked up the lid of the chicken pot and the glass shattered EVERYWHERE. I bought the skillet 3 days before. I have to attach pics to show our lovely dinner. There was glass everywhere in the kitchen. I am so glad noone was hurt as we were all in the kitchen.



We got it all cleaned up..calmed down and RT ordered pizza and chicken. At that point , I was really overtired, mentally and physically spent and crabby. So, in the eating for the wrong reasons arena..I ate 3 pieces of pizza (not little ones,since this is full disclosure) and went to bed. I slept for 12 hours. It felt great--just wish I didn't eat all that stuff before going to bed.
Yesterday was a little better..made some better choices..although that pizza is still in my house.

The last One step forward move I made was with my blog..I wanted to change the look..(it's been a while) and as hard as I tried to keep my widgets, gadgets and elements..I lost em all. So frustrating. I also tried to figure out how to use a wordpress blog for a few days. So..I was so frustrated..I decided to just START FRESH. HENCE THE CLEAN , GRASSY LOOK. It's my refresh mode. I need to refresh in all areas.
Tomorrow, routine begins again. ..until summer. So..I need to make a big push to take advantage of the times when there are no roadblocks or distractions.
I no way met the goals of the Walking Challenge...but I walked a whole lot more this week than in previous weeks. So, that's a NSV in my book.
Hope you all are having a good day and are feeling refreshed.
See you on Check In Tuesday!

9 comments:

Heather said...

I love the look! very spring, and I agree, refreshing. sounds like you had a rough weekend, but dont worry, I know you will keep taking those small steps forward and you will get to your goal no matter what.

Hanlie said...

I love the new look! It is so inviting. I don't know if I want to start chomping on it or lie down on it! Love it, love it, love it!

It's the start of a new week. You'll do better this week, so rather concentrate on that than yesterday's woes!

Jill A said...

Hey Susie!
I think the real point of the challenge is to move more, so really in that respect, you did great!! I am no where near SanFran but I'm halfway there, and that's closer than I was 2 weeks ago - see it's all in how you look at it! We are going great and we will keep doing great!

Tammy said...

(((HUGS))) I am sure this week will be so much better for you! We all have bad weeks, but fortunately, for the most part, good weeks outweigh the bad ones by a mile. So hang in there and get back on the wagon. Sending good thoughts your way!

Holly said...

I too love the new look. Looks so fresh and clean. Sorry to hear about your dinner.. I probably would have cried had it been me. Try not to sweat the pizza and whatnot, today is a new week, tomorrow is a new month, set your goals and start working on them! You can do it!

Grumpy Chair said...

Ouch! Sorry about the shattered glass lid.

Ok, I have always seen the correlation in my experience between my body before and after children: Single and no kids - skinny; married with kids - matronly as in Mrs. Doubtfire!

Erin said...

I love your new page as well. I've done the same thing with the glass lid, and I think once a crockpot lid, oh and don't forget the lasagna that just exploded in my hands. One step forward is a step in the right direction!

Erin
P.S. Cammy over at http://tippytoediet.com/ is having a question/answer session open to anyone. Head on over to her blog and ask a question. Then I will have a q/a and I will pass it along!

Anonymous said...

I love the new look! Very fresh and alive!

I'm so sorry you had a tough week. It's very hard when your other half is away and not only is your routine disrupted, but you really do have no time...it's stressful...and it's just not calm or stable.

This week will be better. You got some rest and you have a great mindset about just starting fresh. Don't look back! You're going to be great this week!

V.

Manuela said...

Your chicken looked so good--I think there are a lot of us that have done the same thing.

I love the new look of your blog--it's so fresh! I am so ready for spring.

Yay for us and the 10 pounds we'll lose this month (or anything we can get ;)

Take care of yourself Susie!