Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Thursday, March 6, 2008

I am back...sort of..



I think the ball is slenderizing..do you?
Yea..we are all in Mickey Mouse Shirts...I promise we only did this ONCE! I got caught up in the moment..what can I say...


I really missed this. I missed the accountability, the resources, the inspiration, the encouragement..and my blogging buddies. I wondered from time to time how you were doing...particulars about this one or that one..So, the blogging has really become a habit..and a healthy one too..then I go and abandon it for a week..It was just too hard for me to find the time (and available computer) to keep up with it.
I didn't eat all that badly..nor all that well. I walked soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. So at least there is something good I did. I didn't log food..count points..plan accordingly..but, I am back. I will weigh myself tomorrow am..which might not be that fun...and get back in the game. I want new blog bling like so many of you..I want my car moving forward..I want to talk about my good days and how good it feels to be in control. I was not in control yesterday..We got home late Tues. pm..I took Ab to the Dr. first thing in the am..then went to get my doggie..I was so hungry after that..I did the fast food thing..then went to get Ab medicine and bought candy...then napped for much of the day and got nothing accomplished and ate more.... Today was not better..B was sent home from school sick..so I had both of them home--feverish and coughing away..The laundry is piled up, the clutter from before is still there with new clutter from the trip, I have yet to go to the grocery store...so I will just eat something to make me feel good...right? Wrong. Well, tomorrow is a new fresh day..I plan to log. preplan, and make good choices. Sorry to be such a downer. I am sure a few days back in the blogosphere will kick my butt back in gear. I am so thankful for this challenge...I can't say enough about how it has helped me..even if I am not "The Biggest Loser", in just 2 months it has been a most amazing tool .. a catalyst..for me to become a healthier , more self aware person.

So, Scale Junkie--THANK YOU for the HYC !! ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

And to my blog buddies..I am back and am so looking forward to catching up on your week. I know I will come away ,after reading your blogs, recharged and MOTIVATED. I missed you. ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

By the way, the trip was soooooooooooooo wonderful and relaxing (even with a sick child--thank gd my parents were with us). The weather couldn't have been better. Disney is just as magical as always. (It's our 4th year). Each time we see it differently though each of our eyes..noticing new things..as our interests change from year to year. We all were able to indulge in the things that make us happy--a game show, a baseball game, special time with grandparentsparents/kids/each other, visiting different hotels, exploring,fun rides, shopping and much more. It's so great to get away...but it's even better to come home. I slept so well once I got home, back in my bed.
I will be catching up on the blogs tonight and over the weekend. See ya soon.

6 comments:

Manuela said...

Welcome back! Glad that you had a good time.

Quit beating yourself up about not "being good". It's hard especially when you're on vacation and if you're just starting out. I know that when I got to goal, going on vacation was much easier. I knew that I didn't HAVE to have all that good stuff (ie. buffets at all inclusives)

You'll learn to make the right choices and if you slip up, as Scarlet O'Hara said: "Tomorrow is another day"

Looking forward to your posts.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! We missed you too. :-)

I am glad you had a wonderful time at Disney. It really is a magical place, I agree...I can't wait to go back. We haven't been in a couple of years and I know it's changed a LOT.

I think that feeling badly because you've had some bad days is completely normal - but I like how you're focusing on looking forward and knowing that it will get better. Life is never going to be about perfection...there are always going to be vacations and holidays and things that just cause difficulty. They're blips, really, just blips. And when you are able to get your routine and schedule back to normal, when you are able to reassert control over your surroundings, you will be back on stride in no time. :-)

Hang in there, you're doing great and it's good to have you back!

V.

Heather said...

glad you are back and that you had a great time! Im glad that yo umissed us, I would be worried if you didnt!

Grumpy Chair said...

What a good looking family. Glad you are back safe and it sounds like you all had a great time.

Hanlie said...

Welcome back! Your trip sounds fabulous! Over here it's same old, same old!

I'd also miss blogging if I were to go away for a few days!

Lynn said...

You look great! And very happy... which is important, too.

As for what's happened before? Pfft. Scrape dirt over that day, it's over. Unless you make a time machine, in which case, could you please please go visit me in 1991 and tell me NOT to be stupid and get married too young? Thanks!