Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

TUESDAY CHECK IN



So, yes,my little car moved. WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO. It moved .5 lbs..but it moved and I know it's going to move even more next week. I am OP people!!! I feel in control. I feel good!

I know I am in control b/c last night I hadn't eaten dinner and we were running out the door to a baseball meeting at a fast food place....before I went I went on Dottie's Weight Loss Znne to see what is LOW IN POINTS at CULVER'S. That is some preplanning! Yes, if I would have eaten at home..that would have been better..but that's too much preplanning for me. I have had 2 days of food journaling and I feel better already. I am OP!!!!

Ok-funny side note--Over the weekend , I had no water..starting last night we had no internet or telephone until about 3:30 this afternoon. Is it a sign? Is it the modern day equivalent of the biblical 10 plagues? What's next...will my microwave stop working? Will I lose cell phone service? Will my Diet Pepsi be flat? I am so glad to have the internet back! I was worried I wouldn't get to check in with my astounding .5 lb loss!!

I took Mac for a long walk today and it felt so nice...even if it was chilly and drizzling. I had my ipod , dog and pedometer and was good to go. I know that I shoot for a certain amount of steps a day..but not many of them are aerobic steps. This was brought to my attention inadvertently by Tigerlily, who started a new , very cool walking challenge. Here is the link if anyone would like to join, Tigerlily and the others as we "walk the world". I liked that it was similar to the idea of my virtual pilgrimage...but with 6 cities and with others!!! I am looking forward to it. Will give updates. Thanks Tigerlily, for coming up with it and for inadvertently making me take a closer look at my walking program.

As far as lifestyle habits, I am keeping up with the 15 mins of decluttering a day, logging food,and still need to get lots of water in!! I will bump my daily steps to 5,500. Still need to get a body brush...

One last thing, have any of you "overfibered"? OMG..I guess I ate just a little too much fiber b/c I have been "iregular" for 2 days and my tummy is "talking to me". It's making some odd noises! I need to read up on the correct amounts of fiber because I am not so comfortable.

Well, I hope you are having a wonderful day..or evening. I am going to curl up with a tall glass of prune juice and see what happens.

8 comments:

HappyBlogChick said...

Go speed racer, go! Congrats on your car moving.

Good for you for planning ahead. We eat out a lot, but I aalllways plan ahead or go places I know well.

Sorry about your gastrointestinal challenges. Remember, this too shall pass. (Hee hee hee)

Heather said...

great loss..trust me..its those half pounds etc that add up! that is pretty much how I got to where I am at, so I think you are doing so well! glad you have water again!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Great loss; great attitude! You're driving that car with finesse!:)

Manuela said...

Good for you!

I have overfibered (is that a real word?) and it's a terrible thing. It wasn't even on purpose, I for some reason ate a lot of high fiber foods for a couple of days 2 summers ago.

The pain was brutal! I had some fennel tea to help soothe it but it took another couple of days to clear me up. I actually went to the clinic it hurt so bad!

Hope you'll feel better. The key is to drink TONS of water but you need to find a happy medium as to how much you take in.

Anonymous said...

Yay for the moving car! Congratulations! :-)

I haven't had that problem with the fiber but I know others have had. I have IBS so it actually tends to keep me pretty even and regular which is really really NICE.

V.

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the loss!! ;)

Tammy said...

Sounds like you are doing great. A loss is a loss, right :) Keep up the great work!

Ready Maid said...

I was smiling the entire time I read your blog - happy for your loss, intrigued by the "walk the world" and curious about 15 minutes a day of de-cluttering. That sounds like one I should tackle in my own office.

Keep up the good work. You inspire me.