Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Monday, March 24, 2008

*******check in tuesday*******



I am sorry I was MIA for A week..even when I went on vacation I didn't take that much time from blogging. Not really sure what happened..maybe I didn't have much to say..since I WASN'T DOING WHAT I SHOULD BE DOING. I didn't exercise...or log foods eaten...or count points...

I wasn't soooooooo bad..but it wasn't one of those weeks where I was great and am looking forward to getting on the scale. We entertained a lot this weekend and having the leftovers around and the sweets and goodies..just did me in. I did try to preplan. When planning meals for guests..I looked at weight watchers and lower calorie recipes..but then sometimes when everyone is there..I am too busy to eat..so I eat later..like at 10:30 pm when everyone is gone. That's where I get myself in trouble. I really, really don't want to eat after 8-ish at night...but I fall into those bad habits and sit down to a meal at 10:30 pm. Then go to sleep..Then wake up and see the cookies and chips/dips from the night before and keep going. This is something I need to work on. I guess we haven't entertained much in a while because I haven't encountered this lovely habit too much. Another one to work on. So, I will. The beauty of this blogging process, for me, is thinking about my behaviors, realizing what needs to change, getting it out there , owning up to it and making the right changes.
So, I will weigh in the am...I am hoping for a maintain and not a gain.
The "walk the world" challenge has begun and the goal is 6 miles a day. What was I thinking? Well, I will do my best. Once it gets nicer out, I will be walking to or from school and with the dog more. I could get to the health club too. Maybe tomorrow.
So, as another new week arrives for the HYC,
  • I WILL keep track and count points!!
  • I will be more active..6 miles a day ?!?
  • I will work on self control in situations such as this past week.
  • I will continue to declutter 15 minutes daily.
  • I will be positive and smile.
  • I will drink my water.
  • I WILL REPORT A LOSS NEXT WEEK AND 2 NSV's. I haven't really done other in a while.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and week..filled with lots of self control and NSV's.

11 comments:

Jill A said...

Hey Susie!!
Don't sweat the walking challenge. I'm no where near the point where I can do 6 miles a day, but I figure if I can do 2-3 miles everyday, then that is so much better than where I was just last week! The point is to move MORE than you have been and who knows? Maybe we will knock out 6 miles a day by the end of this thing -stranger things have happened!

Oh and I hear ya on the Easter binge - cursed chocolate bunnies!!!

Anonymous said...

Susie, do you know...I really, really think that consciously recognizing self-destructive patterns of behavior, noting them, and formulating a specific plan for dealing with them - constitutes a non-scale victory. These are the things that make a difference to real, long-term, life changes. It's a HUGE part of the process, an incredibly critical one, and one that too few people recognize as important.

Sometimes a setback - okay, for me, usually a setback is an opportunity to learn a lesson. If you take it and learn it and apply it, it wasn't really a setback at all. It sounds to me like that's exactly what is happening here - you're getting a chance to see one of the behaviors that has been damaging to you. You've acknowledged it, recognized it, and you know how you're going to deal with it.

So bravo! Pat yourself on the back instead of kicking yourself, because you're taking another big step on the journey. And have a wonderful week at it. :-)

V.

Tigerlilly said...

Hi Susie!

If you moved more then usual yesterday then the challenge is working. Remember that if the miles are too overwhelming then devide it into time. Do an aerobics class!! 1 hour = 3 miles

Try a walking DVD...yes, they make those! You can walk 3 miles in your own living room!

Email me at whereistigerlilly@yahoo.com and I will send you the html code!

Grumpy Chair said...

I think you and I are in the same place. Thankfully, I had Spring Break vacation to not blog and I stayed away from the computer for 8 days!!! It was a nice break.

Also, you have been on this diet thing for 12 weeks, sometimes we need breaks. You had a short one week break and will continue your diet until you need another short break. It's when we quit for the rest of 2008 that we are in trouble.

Hang in there.

Manuela said...

I'm the same way when it comes to evening eating, especially if I've had company. Now, why do we do it? A second dinner in the evening? Been there, done that!

It's good that you're being accountable for it. You'll get out of that slump. That walking challenge sounds like a good idea too.

Have a terrific week!

Felicia said...

WOW 6 miles a day!? You go! I am thrilled if I can waddle 1 lol.

Best wishes to you on your goals this next week! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Have a wonderful week!
*huggles*
=0)

Holly said...

Don't worry about the Easter Weekend.. we all screw up around holidays. The important thing is to just pick yourself up and get going again - which it sounds like you are doing well!

Heather said...

even if you dont have anything to write because you are slipping up, then post anyways and we can support you. this is definitely hard but I thikn you are doing great. I used to be a night eater myself and it was hard to break that, but once you do, it helps a lot so just focus a little every day on something and make those little changes, and you will be back on track soon. I know you can work away at those goals and do this!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Recognizing what needs to be better is half the battle. NSV back-pats for that!

Erin said...

You've had some great comments on your blog as i read them all i was shaking my head in agreeance.

You are doing awesome!

Erin
http://marriedsinglemomof3.blogspot.com/

briy said...

Hi there!

I'm sort of new to the HYC, and I'm just now wandering over to your blog for the first time, but I just wanted to say hi. :) Blogging has done the same for me... allowed me to analyze my behaviors and figure out what works and what doesn't, and having a supportive network is great. I want to know more about this Walk the World thing... I'll Google it.

Anyway, nice to meet you, and good luck! :)
~briy