Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools HYC CHECK IN



Only my mom knows the true story behind that message above..but it did hit home ...and was topical. I don't know if you all enjoy an ecard..but those cards at that site are quite original and witty! Even their tag line, "when you care enough to hit send" makes me giggle. I used to tell the kids I was pregnant on AFD, but I stopped b/c it wasn't that funny.(you know where this is going.."oh, i thought you were looking BIGGER?!, "Yay..i really wanted a younger sibling, because I hate my brother..."...etc,etc.....But I digress....

So, the scale played the most wonderful AFD joke on me!!!! I even got on and off and on and off and on...you get the idea. Umm..I AM DOWN 2.5 lbs !!!!! YES..ME...SLACKER is down. The car..which I change to a fairy wand..is moving!!

That was just what I needed.
I guess I was better than I thought and the EXTRA MOTIVATION from the WALKING challenge (see badge on the side or my motivation page)got me MOVING MORE. Thank you Scale Junkie and Tigerlily for coming up with these challenges.

SO, new month..new resolve...new new new!

I will get around to your blogs later today as I have limited time now...but I did see a few people who posted some April goals. My pal, Manuela, is shooting for a big loss and April..and you know what I AM TOO. I have 25.5 lbs to the big 4-0 and I'd like to make a big dent in it this month. SO...here come the APRIL GOALS.

1. If I Bite it- I write it.
2. Walking Challenge!! Do it!
3. Water
4. Make a cut off time for eating. Trying for 8 pm.
5. Declutter 15 minutes daily
6. Vitamins and or get some fruits and veggies in the diet!
7. Take care of me..bodybrushing, sleep,etc!!
8. Try 2 new classes at the gym (I always swim or do elliptical)

Did I forget anything? I might add more once I visit your blogs. Consider the imitation flattery.
I feel really motivated today.

April is going to ROCK!

ps...I have already been to the gym today!! WOOO HOO..No excuses today!


Hope you all have a most wonderful,happy, April Fools Day.

11 comments:

Grumpy Chair said...

Girl, you are on a roll!!! And a great big hug from me on your 2.5 pound loss! Yippie!!!!

I love your goals (especially "if I bite it - I write it".)

I have to make this month count and pick up the slack from the last three months so I am with you on making "April rock!".

Anonymous said...

Well, that is just AWESOME! Congratulations and happy AFD! Can't imagine a better present.:-)

V.

Felicia said...

Congrats on your loss!! That is awesome!!! Loved your list. I am sure you will accomplish all that and more this month!!

Have a SUPER day!
*huggles*
=0)

Manuela said...

Whoa--2.5? Imagine if you're not slacking!

I didn't get to the gym today so I'll have to do a tape today. My schedule got a little shaken up today so my time had to change.

I SO NEED to DECLUTTER! So many good intentions. We will TOTALLY knock off those 10 pounds this month :) Whoo hoo!!!!

Heather said...

Wow that is a fantastic loss! celebrate it! your april goals are great, and I know its going to be a good month for you.

briy said...

Those look like great goals, and I hope the clean slate of April helps you get and stay motivated! I'm sure you can achieve a big goal if you stick to your plan!

Good luck, and nice to blog-meet you!
~briy

p.s. Those greeting cards are SO funny! Thanks for the link! :)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Oh, what an excellent loss! **applause, applause**

Hanlie said...

I loved your post and your goals! Well done on the weight loss and the exercise!

Jill A said...

Hey Girl!! Good job on the loss - that is AWESOME!!!!

You just keep rocking the Challenge and the weight will fall off!

Pattie said...

Girl, I can feel your enthusiasm all the way out here in California!! April IS going to rock for you because you're going to make it happen! Woo hoo!!

Heather said...

thanks for your note..I actually dont weigh in every day..I do 3 times a week (Mon, Wed, Fri). I actually need to do this because it keeps me on track. but thanks for the suggestion!