Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Rewards for Me & Motivation

Yesterday, in honor of my not so bad month. ...I bought myself 2 presents. Books.
1. Eat this not That..to help me in my continuous quest to make good ,healthy choices.
2. The HG Cookbook- to help me in my continuous quest to make good, healthy food.

In honor of that..I thought I'd share a fun tidbit from the HG site.
HUNGRY GIRL'S TOP ATE
04.30.2008

TOP ATE Calorie-Saving Cooking Swaps!
1. Nonstick cooking spray instead of oil (for stovetop cooking)
2. Canned pumpkin instead of eggs & oil (for baking)
3. Light vanilla soymilk instead of milk or cream
4. Fat-free liquid egg substitute instead of eggs
5. No-sugar-added applesauce instead of butter
6. Ground-beef-style soy crumbles instead of ground beef
7. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granular) instead of sugar
8. Butternut squash instead of potatoes

The rest of my post today is located on my 2nd blog..the 40x40 Motivates...
I got rid of those nasty verification letters and am even thinking of letting anyone comment..even anonymous people (just sign your name)..because I know I have some wonderful readers (Hi MOM! Hi Alana!...anyone else..DELURK! I have STAT COUNTER!) who never get to "weigh in" with a comment. Just sign your name at the end.
Have a lovely day !

5 comments:

Heather said...

great rewards for yourself! and some good advice too.

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO for the rewards! ;) I gotta get that HungryGirl book and my hubby just might buy it for me as a reward when I hit 5 more pounds lost.

Thanks for sharing and have a great Thursday!

P.S. I love challenges too! I have 3 going right now. =0

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I got the Eat This, Not That book and have really enjoyed it. I'm planning to get the HG cookbook, too! Maybe I'll make that a May Reward!

Manuela said...

I want to hear all about the recipes from that cookbook.

I'm doing "Thinking Thin's Challenge" too. I've got 2 lbs to go until my 15 badge, whoo hoo!

Grumpy Chair said...

Those are very good rewards for a month well done.

You will have to do a review on the "Eat This Not That" for us.