The exercising has not been as good this week..but I managed to get something in here and there. Yesterday, I didn't get to the gym..but I did take a bikeride ( a rather frigid one) around the block with my daughter. We have one of those tag-along bikes. I didn't work out today either. I worked...and worked.. and worked..last week..I didn't have much work..so I did ME stuff. This week I do. I need to find a balance. Tonight, I have a den meeting. We are going to do physical fitness with our boys...so I will get some movement in there. Tomorrow..I have until 2:45 ALONE!! I should be able to get work done and a workout in (and get threaded and get to the grocery store too!) Wow..that's a lot. Thank you , M & F, for taking Abba tonight and tomorrow am!! You are the BEST grandparents ever. (another item for a later post).
Anyway, so...last week..on April 1.. I proudly revealed the big 2.5 loss, I was feeling confident...and I was blog surfing..and I get to Manuela's and she's all..
"I'm going to lose 10 lbs this month"..and for some reason I was all ," Yea! Me too!".
Apparently, I used the same logic for the 10 lbs in a month as I did for Tigerlily's walking challenge. I was tempted to crash Diet Book's Memorial Day Challenge as well. But...ya know what...even if I don't lose 10 lbs in a month or walk 42 miles in a week...it puts my head in the right place and I will make/have made the steps I need to get there. I have walked a whole lot more and been more active since I started this walking challenge and I love to go to Tigerlily's challenge page and see the strides my fellow walkers are making and I enjoyed figuring out how and what to do for our little April Challenge. So, with no futher ado..may I introduce the A.P.R.I.L. Challenge- just a mini challenge..and kudos to Manuela for following through and holding me to it!!I believe Erin has committed to it to.
So..whether it's 10 lbs in April or when ever..It's time to get focused! I believe Scale Junkie was posting along the same lines earlier this week...and in the past Cammy double dog dared us to challenge ourselves.
So..The little "A.p.r.i.l." Challenge is.........
a- activity
p- plan for meals and exercise
r- remember the water
i- i can do this
l- log food intake.
Basically..it's committing to do the above items..and see what happens.
Anyone is oh so welcome to join and I will post our April results weekly (If you ok it) under the ol badge. Then I will pass the baton to a new mini challenge grand poobah in June.
I have 4 months till the big 4-0. No--I don't need to be at goal..but I want to have made a dent. The good thing is that in the past 3 months..I have already gained healthier lifestyle habits and so much knowledge.
So..good luck to you all in April..and the rest of the months too.
10 comments:
Good luck on your challenge! I think it's a great idea!!
I'm definately in...and maybe tomorrow I'll figure out how to put that groovy badge on my blog...hahaha...i'll figure it out one way or the other!
Awesome, I'm so excited!
Maintaining is a good thing. :) In 4 months I turn the big 5-0, so we'd both better get busy! You've got a great start!
Got all your messages and love the badge! It's on my post today as well.
I wrote some other things on there for you to read ;)
We can TOTALLY do this if we stick to the plan. And you will LOVE 40! It only hurts a little bit at first, haha!
I'll be checking on you and Erin throughout and good luck for next week--maintaining is good too.
P.S. I tagged pole lady (http://takeonestripperpole.blogspot.com/2008/04/gauntlet-has-been-thrown.html)
and Saucha girl (http://mybodyforlife2008.blogspot.com/)
to be the next for Q/A...so go ask them some totally awesome questions!!!!
And I think there is something waiting for you on my blog!
You are doing so well; almost a 15 pound weight loss!
Great April goals!
I wished I knew how to make cute little buttons - so I could have my very own Kindergarten Countdown badge (seeing how I'm not doing to hot on the HYC badges! Too bad there aren't any weight loss gained dunce caps!)
Good luck! You can do it! And I still love the grass!
I love it! and I know you can accomplish all those things this month. you are so close to that badge..I know you will have it soon.
Those are AWESOME goals...I love that you're focusing on the behavior as opposed to the numbers. Good luck, not that you need it! :-)
V.
Your challenge looks really cool! Congratulations! You're totally right... even if you can't achieve a goal completely, if shooting high gets your head in the right place, then that works for you! What's the quote? Shooting for the moon and landing amongst the stars?
Good luck!
~briy
Post a Comment