Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Monday, April 14, 2008

HYC CHECKIN- 4/15/08





I am posting tonight because Tuesday is a really busy day for me and I don't want to let it pass! I have lots to do..daisies & scouts to prepare for, clean for the cleaning service, work,a meeting with my son's principal..and life.
So, it was a good week. I went to the gym 2x and took a walk today. I tried to write it ALL down. I still must work on the water. I am hoping for the 15lb badge today. I just need a 1.5 lb... loss!

So, I am getting bored with food and decided to bake today. I found a recipe for WW muffins in one of my cookbooks.
I made them..even added some FLAX for extra health benefits..they didn't come out great...but I ate them.
Yea..first one, then the next. ..before you know it..I ate them all. That was about 22 points. OOPS!!( I am not including the recipe because they weren't that good)In the future, I will have to freeze them right away or use some WILLPOWER. I worked on my laptop in the kitchen today and the scent of the muffins taunted me all day. Not good. Live and learn. I tried to make up for it by getting a chai latte ( non fat, 1/2 the pumps of chai, 2 splenda) to fill me up for the rest of the day. I got a salad with grilled chicken on it for dinner. Yes, I am over my points for the day. Today would be a good day to figure out ACTIVITY POINTS as I am almost at my 10,000 steps.

Oh..and a few NSV's...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
  • Two pairs of my jeans are big on me. They kept sagging down!
  • I saw someone the other night, we went to high school together. She was always thinner and more fit than I was..she said, "Wow, you've lost a lot weight!!!". I hugged her and told her she MADE my day. She did. (compliment JUNKIE!!)
  • My son(9) made me so proud this weekend. I won't get into the long details..but he had an assignment to do a good deed , for his religious education. He did that good deed and then some. I was so proud of him. My pride was like a peacock's feathers all spread out in it's glory. When we left the nursing home where he did his deed, he looked at me and said, "That was fun! When can we come back!". Brett, you rock little man!

That's what I have to say today. I hope you have a great Tuesday Check in..and a great Tuesday overall!! I want to share these nice
flowers that RTS brought home for me last week.
Thanks,RT!

PS..I GOT MY BADGE!!!!! Just weighed in with a -1.5 loss.
PPS. Taking the food pictures is something I picked up at Katchi's site.
Is anyone in touch with her? How is she doing?
PPPS..what am I in 6th grade..where is the bubble letter font and puffy stickers to accomany this note (funny quote by Jon Stewart on Patti's blog today)
Scale Junkie/Diana...thank you for creating the badges and this whole thing.
When finally getting to the 15 lb badge (3.5 mos), I stopped and thought for a moment, on the badge page, about how incredibly motivating/helpful this is. You have done your good deed for the year and more!!!{{{{hugs}}}}

Ok..enough with my Oscar-like acceptance speech. It's 15 lbs..now ..LET'S GET THAT 20 lbs badge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XOXOX to all. ( Someone's mood was greatly affected by the scale today......)

11 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Oops is right! LOL It would've been better if you had at least enjoyed them more. :) What I find especially meaningful is that you counted the points. Lots of folks would've just said,"I blew it" and would've likely kept right on blowing it. But you tallied the "damage" and you're back in action now. A slip and then a nice save. :)

Great news on the jeans! It's a good feeling, isn't it?

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Erin said...

Oh well on the muffins...they sure looked tasty though. We all have self control issues!

I tried on my all time fav jeans last week, and they wouldn't stay up, I felt like my daughter who can put her pants on without unbuttoning them! It's a great feeling!!!

Manuela said...

Which muffins? I made banana chocolate chip WW muffins and froze them right away. They are still in the freezer and I have one every now and then as dessert (3 pts and pretty tasty!)

I'm down 1.5 again this week (I was hoping for 2 but that's ok!)

Have a great day and good luck on getting your own 1.5 lbs and that badge!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Susie, I am SO happy for you! How exciting! Both the scale and the NSVs!

Nevermindthemuffins. It happens. :-) And there's a lesson learned - freeze immediately! - so it's all good!

Well done and congratulations!

V.

Manuela said...

Woohoo--I'm glad I checked back! Don't leave me alone out there in our april challenge sistah!

Felicia said...

OMGOSH congrats on all the NSV's!! That is simply awesome!! Sorry to read about the muffins lol. They would have turned out badly for me no matter what as I can't bake lol.

I am so happy for you!

*huggles*
=0)

Grumpy Chair said...

Congratulations on the all those great NSV (saggy jeans and compliments). And of course on the 15 pound badge! Yee Haw!!!

Gosh I want a badge!

Your son is awesome!

Now go and get that 20 pound badge.

Heather said...

wow you had a great week! congrats on your NSVs (Amazing!) and congrats on your loss this week and earning taht badge. keep it up!

briy said...

Yay for saggy jeans! I too have been experiencing that recently... it's pleasant, but also a little annoying! :) Worth it though, definitely!

AND CONGRATS ON THE NEW BADGE! That's super! I'm so happy for you! And I know what you mean... I'm still waiting for my next one, and the 0.9 gain last week was disheartening, but it'll make getting it this week all the more sweet. For just a graphic, it really DOES motivate me a lot. It's strange, but good!

Good luck--I hope you have a great week, and that 20 lb. badge will be yours before you know it! :)

Take care!
~briy

Anonymous said...

Well done on the 15 lbs badge!! Wohoo!

Isn't that the best feeling when someone notices your weight loss?

You're doing great!

Diana Swallow said...

YAY for the badge!!!

I'm not letting myself bake muffins or cookies or anything I can over do it on right now. I'm not even buying packages of ice cream treats because I don't quite trust myself yet. I completely understand your self control issues because I'm right there with you.

You are so sweet, I said to myself when I started the HYC if I help even one person than I'll feel like I've done something good. Thank you.