
Things are going well! I have a few NSV's so that's nice...my sister in law and my "weight critical" father in law BOTH asked if I had lost weight!! I am such a compliment junkie---even if I don't know how to take them :)
Also, wonder how many days do I have to exercise before I get to grab an exercise badge? Because today is my 2nd day at the gym this week! I have been asking friends what classes they recommend and made a commitment to meet someone at a class tomorrow morning..so we shall see.
It was easy to be on the elliptical this am b/c Oprah was on and it was the pregnant dad..fascinating stuff.
Off topic question but...my son (age 9) has had a cough for a month. He coughs at night in his sleep, during the day..etc. It was dry but since I have started the vaporizer, sinus cleanse and nasacourt it sounds more moist. We don't have allergies in our family..Dr. says it seems like post nasal drip. Any of you have a good remedy for coughs? Just checking all my options. I feel bad that he coughs so much.
So, later tonight I will visit your blogs and catch up..but I hope you all are doing well and having NSV's too!!
11 comments:
great job with your NSVs!! its so great when people notice your efforts.
and in response to your note...not offended at all! I welcome any and all advice because at this stage in the game, I just want to get to my goal and will try anything. thank god I dont weigh myself every day..I think I would go crazy!
Codeine! Seriously. I had bronchitis for months once and the doctor kept telling me to take Robitussin DM - didn't help and I demanded something that worked because I wasn't sleeping and I was distracting my co-workers.
Within 3 days my cough was gone.
Susie - congratulations on 10 pounds lost - I just now noticed your badge!
Well, you could treat it with medication, or you could remove the cause, which is most likely dairy.
You are doing Awesome!I think you definately deserve an exercise badge.
About the kiddo thing. I have three kids 5, 3, 1 1/2. We had that nasty stuff for a while, but antibiotics and a round of tylenol with codeine did the trick fast.
Great Job!
Way to go Susie! Sounds like you are doing great! I think if you are exercising fairly regularly you deserve an exercise badge. Might as well celebrate those NSVs :) About the cough, this may sound hokey, but I know several people who swear by this. Put Vick's Vapor Rub on his feet at night before he goes to sleep. People SWEAR it stops the coughing. Let me know if you try it and if it works. I'm seriously curious and I have not had any coughers in my household since I heard it. Good luck!
My daughter coughs a lot, but hers definitely is allergies. The only thing I can say is lots and lots of water. The Vicks-on-the-feet thing helped me immensely but I had a lot of chest congestion with mine. It's definitely worth a try though.
I'd also second Hanlie that you might want to just try a few days without dairy (or at least milk) and see if it helps. Younger Daughter can't have milk at all. She's not allergic to it per se, but it always makes her cough. Worth a shot, anyway.
I do hope he gets over it soon, that is really uncomfortable for him and worrying for you.
And congrats on the gym-going roll! Awesome! I think you can have the badge as soon as you feel you've earned it, personally. For me it's going to be when I get through a whole week without missing a scheduled workout but that's because I have a rigid schedule, and trouble sticking to it. :-)
You're doing great!
V.
Set your own exercise goal and if you meet it--tada--Exercise goals badge is yours!
I have had a dry cough for almost 3weeks now and it's turning back into a sinus thing. I also think with the damp weather that allergies are at play. Maybe you should have him tested just in case.
Have a great weekend and I'll "see" you Tuesday :)
I too am a compliment junkie!! it makes the journey worth while... you gotta celebrate all the NSV's you can....its soooo important :)
Take Care and have a great weekend
Way to go on the gym visits!! And here's another compliment, from one junkie to another: YOU'RE AWESOME! :-)
Compliments can really keep a person going so enjoy them!
Good job on the exercise!
Don't those compliments feel great??? Sounds like you are doing great with the exercise as well! Keep it up!!
Post a Comment