Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Zoning in.....



Happy Weekend Ya'll

So..something is changing about me. I am prioritizing exercise!!!
I did that class on Friday am at the gym...and that class kicked my butt!! But I DID it.
It was a strength training class. Needed all kinds of equiptment and I was often doing the wrong thing..but I was working it..and that's good. Today, I was a little sore...but it was a GOOD SORE. I was going to do the elliptical after..but I started coughing and couldn't stop (just cause I swallowed wrong or something). So, I went to get my daughter form the kids club and she wouldn't leave..and my coughing did stop..but then I got in a conversation..and when it finally ended..she was ready to leave...but we did walk to pick up Sir Cough-a Lot from school and it was a good walk!!!
Today, I woke up cranky..overslept and got off to a bad start..but the first thing I thought of was to call my awesome buddy/sister KG and see if she wanted to go walking with me!! We went to this great big dog park by us..which is my happy place..b/c it IS the happiest place. It's beautiful and there are all these precious pups running around playing. Whenever I am down..I try to get there. We took a great walk.

The weather is really nice..spring is finally coming. I have already made a date to walk with my "sister" Alana tomorrow and I know that will be a great walk.

I am getting into the exercise zone..I've been here before and I like it. It's when you wake up and think..when can I fit some physical activity or a workout in today..I want to stay in this zone.
I am giving myself a present.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am also giving my body and mind a present with the activity.
So..yay me. The sloth mentality has left me for now. Don't come back!

Few more things:
I use the word sister b/c I love these friends like family..they are the sisters I never had. I will post on this soon.



Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for the feedback on my son's cough. I really appreciate it. I will be trying all of the suggestions and giving feedback as I do. If you ever need advice, I am happy to give it as well..if I know what I am talking about ..that is.

Have a great Sunday and See ya on Tuesday!!!!

4 comments:

Erin said...

You are doing great, a class and a walk in the same day! You deserve that badge!

Keep up the awesome dedication!

Diana Swallow said...

YAY for getting to the gym!! Doesn't it feel great!!

Manuela said...

Totally cool!

Yah,make up something about 10 lbs for April, maybe using our initials or something like that.

Can't wait to see what you come up with :)

(I'm totally with you on the exercise)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful! There's just no better feeling than moving and enjoying it. :-) I think you're doing great and totally deserve your presents.

Hope the cough is gone very soon!

V.