Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Monday, April 28, 2008

Checkin' In aka Anyone seen my pedometer cord??????????????


I am going crazy looking for my pedometer cord!! ARGHHHHH. Technology...I am too dependent on it..I haven't kept track of all my steps/miles b/c I know my pedometer does..and now I can't download my info here..I will continue to look tonight..everything turns up eventually..right?

By the way,I am all better..Thanks for the well wishes.

It was cold this weekend..and today cold, rainy and even a little bit of snowy too! Not that I mind that much..because the hotter it is..the harder my sweat glands work..but I am not revisiting that today.

I thought I'd revisit my April Challenge and goals..as this is the last check in in April and all...I'd like to evaluate..but not sure if I should do percentages or grades..maybe grades b/c that is universal.
ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more
This is my April report card

So..The little "A.p.r.i.l." Challenge is.......4/8/08..
a- activity -B
p- plan for meals and exercise- meals C, exercise B
r- remember the water C
i- i can do this B
l- log food intake.D
And goals I made on 4/1/08
1. If I Bite it- I write it.D
2. Walking Challenge!! Do it!B
3. WaterC
4. Make a cut off time for eating. Trying for 8 pm.B+
5. Declutter 15 minutes daily B
6. Vitamins and or get some fruits and veggies in the diet!C+
7. Take care of me..bodybrushing, sleep,etc!!B
8. Try 2 new classes at the gym (I always swim or do elliptical)C--i only did one.
Okay--so B-/C average..I am okay with it..because before the HYC..they would ALL be F's.

So..I know what I need to do to get some A's..watch me in May..because I am planning on getting some.

I've already thought up a May mini-Challenge. Tune in On May 1 for details......

I am posting this on Monday night becasue I don't really know what tomorrow might bring timewise..it's looking pretty busy. I will add weigh in #'s in the am.

Update- Down 1.5!!!!!!!!
That is 3.5 lbs away from A NEW DECADE!!!!!! Not bad for a c+/b- kind of gal.

Happy Check ins to all! Have a great day/week!

15 comments:

Hanlie said...

Mmm, I wonder what would happen if we started taking away our privileges if we hand in a poor report card... No TV for you this week! You're grounded!

As you say, you are improving, so that's good! May will be much better!

Manuela said...

Love your report card idea. I know that you'll do better "next semester"!

I'll check back for the weigh in and I can't wait to see what you've come up with for May :)

Manuela said...

WAY TO GO!

I'll bet you thought you'd be the same or up after Passover.

Can't wait for May and a new challenge--keep me posted!

Anonymous said...

Susie, that's freakin' awesome! Great loss and I'm very happy for you.

I think a B/C average is pretty good. My kids don't really get in trouble until they start bringing home Ds...Cs are somewhat frowned upon but acceptable...and Bs are very pleasing. :-) As I tell them, no perfection required, just honest effort. So if you're doing the best you can, a C is fine. If you're not, even a B won't do. Heh.

None of us get straight As all the time...heck, lately, I'm lucky I haven't flunked out! But you are making awesome progress so pat yourself on the back. Just, you know, no ice cream cone rewards for good grades. :-)

V.

Pattie said...

You know what they say in college: degrees are made of Bs and Cs. There's no need to be perfect on this journey. Bs and Cs will still get the job done! You’re proof of that!

c-dizzle said...

i love your new look! both of your blogs look fab! i would love to know how to make mine look more personalized like yours! where did you ever find the keyboard with the tuesday on it! keep walking! you are doing great! losing cd

Manuela said...

Hey Susie, check out Thinking Thin and her idea for a challenge. What do you think? I'd still like to know what you've been thinking about for a challenge.

http://thinkingthintoo.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

B & C's aren't too bad! Congrats on the loss!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Congrats on the loss! Sounds like you have had a lot of victories for April. Keep making healthy choices.
Path to Health

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

All things considered, not a bad report card at all. :) Well done!

Grumpy Chair said...

Great job in April Susie. Are you doing a May challenge?

Heather said...

glad you are feeling better! congrats on your loss, and I thikn you did really well this month. its always a good thing to revisit your goals and see how you are doing and its easier then to find your areas of improvement for the next month. no one can get all As every time, that takes a while before you truly have everyhting down pat.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the loss! ;)

Irish Mom said...

I am so glad you are feeling better!! I just found my camera cord and had almost 200 pics to transfer, yikes!! I am sure it will turn up soon. Awesome report card, that was a great idea!!

Big Girl said...

Great job! Not bad for a B/C average. Let me know what your May challlenge is. I might want in on some of the action, if you're open to having more company, that is.