Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Thursday, April 17, 2008

a whole bunch of this and that....

First of all- thank you for the encouraging and celebratory comments on my badge. I am so lucky to have the best cheerleaders EVER! I didn't get around to the blogs or commenting today and I am so sorry. I didn't get much free time..boo hoo.

Another thank you for the suggestions for B's cough. He has stopped..YAYAY! I did try the Vick's on the feet for a few nights..so maybe it was that? Or time? We did one of those netipot type of sinus cleanses too.

It was warm (er) and windy today. I did take a great walk! My friend, KG, has been meeting me at my daughter's gymnastics ( where I can be found 2x a week)and taking a good walk with me. I feel a little guilty that I am not watching her do her gymnastics..but it's a GREAT walk..with the dogs and I love my time with KG.

Tonight, I experimented with a new veggie--SPAGHETTI SQUASH! THis is what I made.Vegetarian Chili over Spaghetti Squash. It was great and so filling! It was cool to work with SS. It's neat how when you"rake" it, it looks just like spaghetti..hence the name, huh? I didn't use beans,b/c RT doesn't like them ...he liked it over pasta better but I was pleasantly satisfied.

Been hankerin' for something sweet lately (ahem..the ww muffins..heehee) so I went to my local WW and bought some ww goodies to get me through the cravings. I love the Peanut Butter Bliss Bars--they are truly blissful. I will be doing some research ..maybe on Hungry Girl to find more goodies.

Have a tough weekend coming up..so many of you survived Easter and came out with great successes..so now I will do my best during Passover...which includes 2 nights of family gatherings mainly centered around FOOD ( what holiday isn't tho..). It's not just the dry matzoh cracker..there is good stuff now ..you can't even tell it's Passover food.
In the old days..before the internet , where one can find a recipe for ANYTHING..I would lose weight ( just a bit) during Passover because I would not be eating bread..
"No leavened (containing yeast) foods or grains are eaten. In their place matzoh and foods containing matzoh are eaten. "

.Since I am a big ol carbo loader...but now..it's more challenging as I am trying to cook exciting & tasty things for my family while observing Passover.
I will be hosting on Sunday night.found some new seder ideas...so I will need to summon up the ol willpower when tasting my cooking and with LEFTOVERS. If anyone cares to share a story of great willpower or a tip that helped you get through these situations..feel free.

If I am absent from blogging, it is only because I am cooking, baking or decluttering..If you saw the state of my home right now..you'd thing.."And she is entertaining in a few days!??!?!?!"..My dining room table is piles upon piles.

So..bring on the strength, determination and willpower!!!
Hope you are having a nice week.. spring is beginning to show itself in many of our neighborhoods..FINALLY!!!
I will get around to your blogs soon..PROMISE!

7 comments:

Erin said...

I never have leftovers! Buy some extra disposable containers and when the meal or snack time is over, container them up and pass them out. Don't let people leave without taking ALL the yummy leftovers. I once chased my sil down about 1/4 of a mile of our road to shove chocalate cake with buttercream frosting through her window!

Anonymous said...

Glad the cough is gone! I love the sinus cleanses, I don't know why I didn't think about that. They've kept me breathing and able to take allergy medicine only twice a week instead of daily. The Vicks is good too - it was probably a combination of everything, really.

I wish I had a tip for you as to the holiday. The only time I don't gain over holidays is the couple of years I've had a stomach virus. I don't recommend that method! But now mostly I just serve myself tiny portions of everything I want, enjoy them, and call it even. Usually I'm somewhere between satisfied and full when I finish them, so it works out okay.

Hang in there and just do the best you can. You're doing great!

V.

Manuela said...

I would LOVE to have that dinner with you. I've never known anyone who actually celebrated and would love to eat some of the traditional food.

Be good and try to throw in a workout--Tuesday isn't too far away :)

Honi said...

ohhh sweetie I am right there with u on Passover... MATZAH.. HA .. the bread of AFFLICTION.. HA HA it should be called the bread of CONSTIPATION.. I have some recipes easy ones if you want them.. Matzah lasagna, Matzah rolls, Matzah brie ( now I do like that) ... We dont keep Passover has good as we should after about 4 days I am so bound up I have to stop eating Matzah ( bet u wanted to know that) We used to have 2 seders too but now since the family is older we do 1 at my aunts house.. Heres the kicker.. every other year I am the youngest there .. I am 45 guess who asks the 4 questions LOL... I think this is my year.. ( My cousin is divorced so his kids alternate yearly where they go for the holidays.. ) but I am hoping my cousins girlfriend is younger than me and I think she is.. I am too old to do the 4 questions :-) thats what happens when the family ages out and the kids move away.. and dont even ask me about the afikomen LOL.. seriously if ya need some recipes just ask... Since I got back from Israel earlier this month I have been perusing a lot of recipes for Passover and such.. I do a great Israeli Salad.. its time consuming but great..You will be get through the dinner.. I always go for the salad.. and pick 1 thing I want.. I love knelach and soup .. so thats what I go for.. usually by dinner time its so late that thats all I want..

Heather said...

good luck with passover! just eat in moderation and drink lots of water. dont keep the leftovers! leftovers are evil! just enjoy what you are eating once and thats that.

Irish Mom said...

Love your blog!! Tons of info!! I like the idea of an April challenge, I'll be on the lookout for future challenges. I think mini challenges would motivate me to do better!!
My ds has that night time cough now, I forgot about the vickson the feet!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, sorry I'm too late to join your April Challenge because there is no way I could lose 10 by the end of this month hehe. I did start a challenge to lose 12 by June 1st, so hope that motivates me to get going again!

Hope you have a great weekend! ;)