So, the eating ..has been weird. I won't go on and on about the dietary laws of Passover,because ..well I just won't. I really should be taking this time to eat more protein, fruits and veggies..but instead..I seem to load up on the matzoh and butter and /or jelly. Not filling..not nutritions..not good. I went to the store tonight and bought LOTS of fruits and veggies and will focus on making good choices for the rest of the week...AND DRINK WATER!!!!
However, on the activity front--whoosh..I am unstoppable! It's a combination of the warmer weather (today was PERFECT!!) and routines.
- I have been walking my son to school and then walking home..as well as walking to school to pick him up..and home. That's 2.5 miles total!! The best part of it..is we hold hands when we walk..and talk. He is 9.5..so this won't happen forever..so I LOVE it.
( not our hands)
- Last night , I had a den meeting and we covered bike riding. We learned safety and maintenance..then took a nice bikeride.
- Today I arranged to meet a friend at the gym (so that I would be sure to get there) and had a great elliptical session.
- In addition to the few challenges that I have joined...I also joined Fat Bridesmaid's PEDOMETER CHALLENGE (cause you know I LOVE my pedometer!!!) and today..I got in........18,413 steps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a question that I need to ask my support system here...It's sort of personal..but part of life..well mine for sure. Okay..it's PERSPIRATION, SWEAT, GLISTENING..whatever you call it..I do it..a little bit too much...so..here is my question..As I have increased activity, I have been perspiring even more..and then I break out(especially by hairline) or maybe get a rash **blush**....you gals work out...maybe you don't have this issue..but if you do..please advise..... I put my hair up, I use deodorant, powder, anti chafing gel (love it- sorry if it's TMI)..If you don't want to share , not comfy with it or don't have this problem..no big deal. I also have night sweats..anyone? I am painting a LOVELY picture of myself today, huh? Anyone up for a workout/sleepover? Didn't think so. I found myself looking at sweat resisitant/moisure wicking sleepwear websites today. Maybe an early 40th bday gift?!
Maybe it's natural..and I shouldn't "sweat" it..ohhh...bad pun..just feels like I am always doing it the MOST. Have any of you found you sweat less with the weight losses? Some of you are BIG LOSERS!! yay!
Yesterday I felt better..I even got a mani/pedi! Such a treat. She comes to my house!!!A few hours ago..out of nowhere..I got slammed with a bad cold..runny nose,sneezing, stuffed up..the works..weird. Gonna get some sleep and lay low again tomorrow. Skipping the gym.
So, water and write it down! That's the plan! I want the 20 lb badge!!!!!!!
I hope you are enjoying Springtime wherever you are. It seems like overnight last night buds and flowers bloomed everywhere. Today was truly magnificent. Wishing you a magnificent day too!
12 comments:
Holidays are meant to be enjoyed. Looks like you're not going crazy with it, though, and are headed back to the plan. Yaay!
I sweat a lot, too, but no rashes. Your shampoo, maybe? We have to figure this out before the truly hot weather gets here. Can't have you all hive-y. :) Maybe someone else will have the magic answers.
Congrats on the great walks with your son! Perfect from so many angles. :)
My gosh, look at you go! You rock!
As for the sweating - I have actually found that what's decreased it is not the weight loss so much as just becoming more fit. I used to sweat a TON and ended up with a horrible scalp issue (ugh) that required $200 medicated shampoo...how gross is that? But as I've gotten more consistent with the exercise it's gone away completely and I still sweat but not as much - and it doesn't seem to irritate my skin as much.
Part of me thinks that it's the toxins in my body that are being excreted with the sweat that irritated my skin, and now that I'm eating so much cleaner I've flushed a lot of them out so it's not so irritating. But that's my completely nonprofessional and off-the-wall theory. :-)
I have the night sweats off and on too, usually when I'm having hormonal issues. Isn't it FUN being a girl?!?
I've decided I love the sweat though. The more I sweat, the stinkier I am when I finish, the more I feel I've accomplished. :-) I just decided to embrace it -- and wear a sweatband to keep my scalp as dry as possible. And shower immediately whenever possible after working out, of course. :-)
But if it continues to be a problem, honestly, I think you ought to talk to the doctor. Mine gave me a cream for the two areas that were really horrible - one was behind my ear and the other, oddly, in my navel - and if I use it at the first sign of irritation, it controls it really well.
Hope this helps at least a little!
V.
YOU GO GIRL!! Awesome that you are being so active!!
As far as the break out,maybe change your shampoo? I am not really sure. I have read about tea tree oil being excellent for breakouts (you can get some at the health food store) I have not tried it, but just what I read while researching it.
My tulips and daffies are blooming all over my house, I just wish they lasted all summer!!
I may have to check out that pedometer challenge!! Sounds like the motivation I may need (first I'd need a pedometer!!)
Wow! You are rockin the work out!!
Sorry about your ahem, issues. I'm a sweat-er too, but not so much that it's bothersome. Sounds like hormones to me (isn't that just what you wanted to hear!) ;) Go see your doc.
You asked for the info so here it is.. Its lovely hitting the 40s.. night sweats go along with it.. the best thing is to either sleep nude, or sleep in layers so that you can take off things as need be through the night.. or sleep with just your sheet covering you not a blanket. I also sleep with a ceiling fan on.
you are doing great! about the sweat...have you tried the Certain dri? it only helps stop the sweat in the armpits, but it works wonders on me because I sweat a lot too, even when its not hot out. that stuff works great.
I do think a lot of it has to do with diet. Especially if you're eating a lot of bread, it may be the yeast coming out of your pores. Try to get really good whole grain breads if you don't already.
I'll have to look for Certain Dri. I have tried the expensive Secret one and find that it doesn't work quite as well as they say it does. I have a problem more with wetness under the arms than I do with odour. (bodies are an amazing machine yet also very disgusting :)
Night sweats? Look up perimenopause. Growing old ain't fun but we can take care of ourselves starting today.
I sweat a lot and you know I just let it happen and when I'm done with my workout, I hit the shower as soon as possible after, even if its just for a quick later and rinse.
As far as underarm I like Lady Mitchum.
Great job on the exercise and for maintaining!
I read this last night, but got interrupted and had to stop blog reading.
You are doing so great on the exercise!!! That is super fantastic about your pedometer reading over 18,000 steps!
I have to say, that is awesome that your son will still let you hold his hand. Fang Jr. stopped that around 1st grade.
I sweat around the crotch area - so after walking, biking, aerobics . . . it looks like I wet my pants. I haven't ever had a rash though. Some people have recommended "Body glide" to me for those thigh rubbing problems.
Hope you are feeling better by today.
thank you a thousand times and then some for your comment on my blog.. i appreciate that and will be calling on you.. and please send me that link for that widget.. I am going tomorrow to get my flex calculator can u believe they wanted 59.00 online for that .. geez.. getting it for 10.00 at WW locally.. thanks again for your encouraging and sweet words and u can bet i will be doing a lot of recipe perusing online!!!!
I used to chafe really badly on my thighs and under my breasts, but now that I'm much less toxic, my sweat is more neutral. The gel works best, but avoid using powder. As for the night, I've always had night sweats... I am just so darn hot!
B.t.w that's a serious amount of steps! I'll have to step it up!
Post a Comment