Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

and we're back....

Time to check in--It's not pretty..the past few weeks were too busy for my liking and i totally neglected the whole healthy lifestyle thing. I wasn't terrible , but I was not Good either. So, I basically have about 11 weeks till I turn the big 4-0 and realistically, I won't lose 40 lbs by then and that is ok..I am fine doing it in the year of being 40..Because it's not just the weight loss anymore..It's all the positive lifestyle changes too. So..I will work on adding/reinstilling (is that a word?) a healthy habit each week. Hmmmm..so many to chose from....water, fruits/veggies, logging food, activity..I am very impressed with the way Alica aka Grumpy has added a change a week . Such consistency! That's my plan for the next 11 weeks. Baby steps..one change a week...and on the big day and as I enter my 40's, heehee, I will be armed with some better habits. That will also be the theme of my SUMMER BLOG PARTY. I asked to host on my birthday, 8/15..and Diana...the most wonderful motivator ever..gave me august 8 to 15!! Ihave no idea what I am doing yet..so I'll try to be coy and say.."it's a surprise"..meaning..I'll figure it out as I go along..probably in the shower. So....
and I check in a day late and 2.5 lbs over my last weigh in..I am here to declare..
I am BACK IN ACTION and ready to do this..11 weeks to add a few good habits and shed some lbs. Still doing the WOMAN CHALLENGE. I have sort of been MIA from the Tigerlily Walking Challenge..will check in with THINKING THIN'S BL CHallenge and of course..my favorite challenge of all....THE HYC.
This weeks HEALTHY LIFESTYLE CHANGE........................................................
TRACK FOOD..aka BITE IT..WRITE IT!!!
I did it yesterday. So woo hoo! Tracked my steps too. All 8,000 of em.

Today, I return the bounce house..it sure was fun. Abby has an assembly at school and I'll cry because she's done with Kindergarten (oy, I am tearing up as I type..). Have some messes to clean up at work..some walking or activity to do..and I think we actually have nothing going on tonight..could it be?!?!Good..b/c I slept about 4 hrs last night. So..off to start my day. Oh...and yes..I changed my look again..and lost all my "extras" again..so I am slowly rebuilding.

Thanks for the support and sticking with me through May..when I was less than "stellar" (thank you mrs. Gurvitis and Valerie for the fun word) in the blogging and commenting area. I love this HYC experience...the knowledge, motivation..and support.
Wish you a wonderful on plan and happy day. Thanks for popping by!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! LOVE the look of your blog!!

I've been MIA from the walking challenge as well. I don't know why but getting up at 5am is getting very difficult these days. Could it be the lack of sleep that makes me pound the crap out of my alarm clock in the morning???

Glad things are starting to slow down with you - maybe we can get back on track now!! :)

Anonymous said...

That's what it is all about adapting the healthier lifestyle. You can't be perfect all of the time!

Hopefully with all of the challenges this summer, we all be seeing awesome numbers on the scale (as an added bonus)

Big Girl said...

Yes, baby steps. I like the thought of one new heathy habit a week, seems like I *should* be able to manage that, I think.

Looking forward to your summer blog party challenge. I can't wait to see what you come up with. I had a heck of a time trying to think of one myself. I finally decided with a (another) walking challenge and since you walk a lot already, you might be interested in it.

So super glad you're back!

Anonymous said...

You'll do well in those 11 weeks. Good luck on those baby steps! Sounds like a good way to get new habits to stick! Looking forward to your party in August! Mine will be in August too!

Grumpy Chair said...

Awwww to the daughter graduating from Kindergarten. My 5th grader has his assembly next Tuesday morning (I always cry or get big lumps in my throat . .. Bah!!!)

Hope you enjoy your day and get some sleep tonight.

For each healthy habit - keep an index card where you can always see it - then just add to it each week. I have an index card in the bathroom and in the kitchen as reminders.

Girl with a Problem said...

It sounds like you already have the right attitude. I know you will do great in the next 11 weeks.

It's good to remember Non Scale Victories. In my book, getting back on plan and committing after a gain IS an NSV. In my past, one week gain would have meant it was all she wrote and a food orgy for the next couple of months or until I was sick of myself again. Just 'keeping on' is what wins the race.

Cheers to you!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I'm so glad you're back and at 'em! Looks like you've got a good plan and healthy expectations. Good for you!

Manuela said...

Well, it's about BLEEPIN' time!

Hey, seriously hope that things slow down a bit for you and you don't have to worry about what you lose up to your birthday. I made my goal to work it all out this year and be FABULOUS in my 40's!!!

Let's rock Thinking Thin's Challenge, whoop!

Heather said...

it happens, but it sounds like you are moving on and starting fresh. I can relate, I was hoping to get to goal by my birthday and I realize its not going to happen for me either. we will get there when we get there!

MargieAnne said...

Thought I'd drop in. 2 days to go on the Walking Challenge. That's the only thing that gets me moving instead of thinking about it.

I haven't read your Blog yet but am adding it to my Reader.

Blessings

Felicia said...

I just wanted to stop in and drop off *big hugs*. Do things ever really slow down? LOLOL

Hope you have a SUPER weekend!!

*huggles*
=0)

Anonymous said...

oh no....the bounce house has to go back???? dang it!

Love your idea of setting new mini-challenges for yourself each week. What a wonderful gift to give yourself in your 40th year...the gift of health and fitness.

Thanks for the encouragement you left on my blog. It really helps to have the support of each other.