Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Merrily we bounce along..........

pardon any typos..no time to edit...




Things were not really busy enough round here, so we needed to add a moonwalk/bouncehouse and a birthday to the mix!!
Last week, we went to a carnival at B's school. He was on a mission..he was going to win the raffle. The prize was a giant inflatable "bounce house" at the winners home for 7 days!!! So, yea..here it is!!!




We only bought $5 of raffle tickets..that's not so bad (we've spent way more to try to win lucn or ice cream with a favorite teacher!!). So, before we even had it, B had invited his class over for a party..and there has been a contast stream of children here since it arrived. RT's birthday was friday and we also had a tball game Friday night, so I invited the team back to the house for dinner , cake and bouncing..and yesterday the family came for more celebrating and douncing. There has beeeeeeeeeeen a whole lot of sweets and food around here..and my self control has not been stellar. Not even close. The only positive is that i get close or over the 'ol 10K steps daily b/c I am running around here and there..and BOUNCING. I don't know how the kids do it for so long..I truly can't stay in that thing for more than a few minutes tops! It's TIRING.
SO, the May "earn that badge challenge" isn't looking so good for me..frankly, I'd be glad to just maintain these days.
I have a bridal shower today..and after the lack of clothing related meltdown I had before my family event 2 weeks ago, I thought I should prepare..so yesterday, I took about 2 hours for me and went SHOPPING!! I only made it to one store..THE AVENUE. If you go there, say MARIE called you and you get additional discounts,btw. I always try to seach for a coupn and print it out before I go there.(fyi).
I had a good shopping excursion!! I didn't find something to wear to this shower today..which is NOT good..but I got a few new tops for summer. I on;y buy tops in the "plus sizes" ..so far I can get by in the non plus size areas for pants. I found a shirt that was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome that I would have bought it in EVERY color..if they had more than 2 colors that is. When I tried it on, I thought..that's my kind of t shirt. I LOVE a good tshirt..but they don't always love me..being top heavy,broad and a little busty..it can be hard to find a good looking tshirt...
but this one..was a little fancier then your basic t and it GATHERED at the bottom (b/c i am not a tucker, but often feel "shlubby") and the arms are long enough!!! I hate how they make shirts arms so short..here's a pic.


I know I haven't lost much..but I wouldn't take anything over 18/20 in the fitting room. I got a few items and I liked(well..didn't hate) how they looked..speaking of that..ughhh..must get ready for shower now.
I hope all my challengers are doing well. I am enjoying the WOMAN CHALLENGE and it gets me going and reaching for the 10K mark. Got a package from them yesterday..can't wait to read it and catch up on the WOMAN CHALLENGE blog and all of your blogs TODAY!
Have a wonderful day...It's gorgeous outside today (yesterday too)!!
Relax and be well.
I will be round to your blogs!
ps- I see a light at the end of the STRESS TUNNEL!!
xo

13 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Oooh, cute top! I'll bet it looks cute on!

I'm enjoying the woman challenge, too. We've got to get everyone logging in, though, or we're never going to get out of Great fAlls. LOL

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Irish Mom said...

OMG, My kids would LOVE a bounce house for a week. Will they cry when it has to go?
I got my package too, tons of useful info. I'm glad you are getting your steps in. 10k is tough!!
Today was a beautiful day, hope the rain eludes us til Tuesday (when I'll be working in a windowless er!!). Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Boy, that bounce house looks like a blast. Have you tried it yet? :)

Love the top, also. I bought something similar to it last week and it is SO comfortable.

Grumpy Chair said...

I love that top! How cute. I haven't seen an Avenue over in my area (North East Houston) so I might have to check their website.

How fun for the kids! My son loved the jumpy houses but Grumpette will never go in them.

Have a great day.

Manuela said...

Oh, I really love that top. Anything that doesn't have cap sleeves is a go for me.

Maybe you'll work off a few pounds in the bouncy house!

Let's have fun with the Biggest Loser Challenge!

Holly said...

That bounce house looks so fun!! My kids would LOVE it. And love the cute top too! Sounds like I'm built similarly to you.. Hope you have a great (less stressful!) week!

Anonymous said...

that bounce house look like a really fun way to get some exercise. I have always wanted to try a trampoline.

Diana Swallow said...

Very cute top!

Email me at scalejunkie at gmail dot com to tell me your idea, you can have August 8 to the 15th if you want!

Debra said...

I love the top!!
I want to go jump on the bouncy thing....what fun!!

Big Girl said...

Super cute top!

It was nice to see a new post, I've missed your postings as of late, but I can totally understand how life outside of blogging can get in the way. Glad you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Lynn said...

Heh, life does get in the way, doesn't it?

Ready Maid said...

Congrats on the bounce house! What fun!

Hope everything worked out for finding something to wear to the shower.

With your positive attitude, you'll do great on your goals.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Very cute top! I'll bounce on my trampoline. Need to get it put up, it's been in the garage since we moved here 5 years ago! Bouncy castle looks pretty fun, but we're all too big here in our house. ;-)
Path to Health