The theme for JUNE will be---- self control,positive changes and effort. I have not been doing this 100%..not 80%..maybe 50% at best...
I have so much irony in my post du jour...b/c May was all about Earning that Badge Challenge..and MY DAISIES didn't bridge to BROWNIES, my boys DIDN'T GET their bear badge and I didn't earn one fricking badge. You know who did..the other LOVELY MEMBERS of my challenge, Manuela and Irish Mom..So ladies..much congratulations and accolades for doing what you needed to do to earn. M- I am giving you the 15!!! not being a stickler on .5. They both signed up for the challenge and came through with FLYING colors. Well done ladies..go see your badges!!!
So..why didn't anything come to fruition....well...............
Daisies- I lead Daisies alone. I have 2 moms that alternate showing up (there had to be 2 registered leaders for insurance purposes-so this was the best we could get) and once mom comes each week with snack & drink..but it's basically me..doing the planning, gathering materials. paperwork,scheduling..everything..and it stresses me out b/c I wait until the last minute and get all stressed. So, I decided that I would not move them to Brownies until I have a FT co leader. I am okay with this b/c I actually asserted myself , stood up for myself and put ME first..which is rare. There are 9 other moms and maybe I'll get new girls too..but I don't want to do it alone again. I also learned that I needed to delegate better and not ask ..but tell people what to do , what I need, to help. This is all a big learning process and bottom line it's ALL for the GIRLS!! Abby loves that I do it and I now know these adorable little girls so well and love them all..so I feel positive that this will all turn out ok.
Cub Scouts- Of all the boys in our pack. pretty much only my den was ready to earn their badge. So, we would have had this big ol ceremony..and only my 7 (+ 2 other that do it on their own) would earn it. So, 1/2 or more of the boys would not. Then the weather forecast called for 100% chance of showers, thunderstorms and hail the night of our campout. So we canceled it. It turned out to me a most BEAUTIFUL , DRY night..but we will reschedule and the other leaders have more time to get their act togehter..which they won't ..but that's not my problem anymore. Since we canceled the campout, I was able to see the "Sex and the City" movie. I won't divulge. It made me think about things..and maybe i will post that another day..once more have seen it. If you go, bring tissues.
And my blog badges--didn't earn any! Not a loss, not an OP...nothing. So May wasn't really my month. I move forward. Congratulate my 2 challengers for earning thier badges and their hard work.
Today, I have a decent amount of free time. I will work a little, PLANT some flowers and beautify my yard, clean my house and plan for some success in June.
I wish you all a happy Sunday and a successful June too!
One more quote..I forgot to see who said it..but
Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of.
ps. My write it..bite it..2 days only so far..I will today and on tho..
6 comments:
You are the shiz-nit!! Thanks so much for the lovely badges, I'll display them with pride (once I figure out how, lol).
I am the SAME way when it comes to asking for help, I end up doing it all myself and completely stressing out. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate (hypothetically speaking, I'm not peeking in your window lol), delegating is so hard. You did the right thing!!
I did great the first part of May, the last 2 weeks have been kind of a bust, June will be WAY better for us!!
Here's to June and a great big Do Over! You're still with us and for that, I am truly pleased! (read: ecstatic!)
I also commented on my badge page.
I felt like my May was a bit of a bust because I only lost 3 lbs but you managed to make me feel like a winner!
Thanks so much :)
I completely feel your Daisy pain...I did the same thing when YD was in kindergarten. Agreed to lead the troop with an in-name-only co-leader, because the troop started out as only four girls. No biggie! Ended up with 11, and still no help. Never again.
May sucked massively for me too. But you know what? May's over, and June is here, and it's going to be completely different. C'mon, sistah, we are kicking butt this month! Take no prisoners and storm the castle! :-)
V.
New month, new chance! Kick it into gear! You will do it!!
I would say you had a good May .. not the way you hoped but you learned a valuable lesson.. that it is okay to deligate responsibility. that is a huge thing to learn as you make your life changes.. so May was good for you.. sometimes things don't appear to be what we want them to be.. but sometimes even better lessons can come along when we least expect them.. so now you have learned to delegate and thats good... good luck with keeping your food log.. since I got in the Habit of using my WW online food log I love it ... though I am not deligent I dont log on the weekends because .. well I am usually running around I do log M-F and sometimes on Saturday too..
Here is too a sunny June!
Post a Comment