Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Sunday, June 15, 2008

2 mos till she's 40...time to put it back together




Dear Blogging Buddies,

I again have been a bad blogger and a bad HYC member. I feel like I have said this over and over again for the past month or so. I really love this experience..and it has been so helpful for me which makes it even worse when I have those days/weeks/months when I don't make time to blog, to count points, to make good choices..or to even BOTHER to find my pedometer. I just can't seem to get it all going again. I am looking forward to tomorrow. It's a new fresh day..and I will have from 9am to 1:45 ALONE...to myself..JUST ME.. The kids have been off school for just one week, but there just wasn't' much down time..not much "me" time. My son was in the play..which was really an amazing experience for all of us. He made us so proud and showed us what a talented and strong fella he is. Then he went on to join the traveling theatre group which performs all over and rehearses a whole bunch. So, I was driving him here , there..and hanging out b/c the theatre is a little too far to go back and forth...Then, my daughters BESTEST friend, who moved to Arizona, came in on the 5th..and she stayed here much of the time and we were very busy running with them. Then there's work and other things that take up time too. So..I totally neglected blogging,getting my steps in and eating right. I just haven't had my head or heart in the "doing for me" state of mind. My goal, tomorrow during my ALONE time, is to once again..get it together. I love how it feels (and looks) when it's together. To be honest, I don't feel like there is an area of my life that is together at the moment. The house is a mess, work is not done, I am behind on my blogging and correspondence with many friends...but..I want to say that in the weeks that I wasn't here..and that the kids were home..we did have a most wonderful time..like I said..seeing my boy SHINE on stage, seeing my girl so happy with her friend, watching them enjoy the freedoms and joy of summer with digging for bugs, baseball, waterballoons, sprinklers, lemonade stands, sand castles, and much more --all remind me of all that I have to be happy about. There is a sampling of all that goodness in the collage above. So, I won't dwell on my pedometer that is MIA or my untouched point logs...or what gain I may see Tuesday. I will just continue to try to improve. 40 is 2 mos from today...I have a long way to go, but I have started , at least. Happy Father's Day to any dads who may be reading..doubtful..and of course to RTS, who is an incredible dad and person...and to my dad, a wise and wonderful dad and grampa. Stick with me blogging buddies..I didn't mean to disappear and I will catch up on all your blogs..I hope you are enjoying "Summer" and doing well. I look forward to paying you all a visit this week and hearing what you have been up to! Look for me!
XOXOX-
Susie

10 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I hope you get some relaxing time to yourself soon, but it's got to be great to spend so much time with your family!

I turn 50 two months from tomorrow, so I know how it feels to see the calendar pages whipping by! :)

Manuela said...

Yay, she's back!

I figured you were crazy busy and it looks like the summer fun has begun! I LOVE the collage, btw.

Hope that you can get yourself back in the swing of things. It's hard but you've got a great goal to shoot for (the BIG 40!--don't worry, it won't hurt).

Looking forward to seeing your posts lady!

Jill A said...

There you are!! Glad you are back - you will get back on track and all will be well with Susie's world again!

Anonymous said...

You know, we do miss you when you're not here...but...as much as we love you...your kids are more important. :-)

That is not to say that taking care of YOU isn't important too. But there are only so many hours in the day. Sometimes there are just other things that have to come first. And making memories is definitely a big one.

So here's my recommendation (because you SO asked for that, right? Heh): Let go of the feeling-bad-for-not-doing-it. (I won't even say guilt cause I don't think it's quite the same thing.) Don't beat yourself up. Don't feel badly about it at all. You were where you needed to be, doing what you needed to do, and now you are somewhere else you need to be, doing something else you need to do. It's that simple. :-)

And you know we still love you! I hope you have some wonderful You Time and enjoy it immensely. You've earned it!

V.

Big Girl said...

I hear you. I've been totally neglectful lately and it's a time thing. It's just so hard to carve out time to blog. Enjoy the time with the kids and your precious alone time. Come visit when you get the chance.

Irish Mom said...

The most important thing is to be happy and spend precious time with your children. They are young once, and they are your priority. As much as we miss you, we would much rather hear you are doing well & are happy then anything else.

I have to incorporate all my steps into activities with my kids. They love to play IT with me always being IT. Which is fine cause I have to run (ok, I kinda trot but thats another story!!).
Enjoy your week!!

Heather said...

dont feel so bad! it must be hard to do all you do and find the time to focus on a blog. I think that all the mothers out there who are trying to lose weight are amazing because I know for me, part of the reason I hae been successful is that I am allowed to be selfish and put myself first and you cant always do that. so dont be so hard on yourself, we are here and we are supporting you, and when you find the time, yo ufind the time and make it work.

Honi said...

Hey Susie, boy u have been a busy girl.. being with the kids sounds fabulous.. sounds like they are enjoying summer...
hey 40 is not bad.. I loved turning to 40 actually.. it was my I DO NOT GIVE A DAMN CHANGING point.. actually it was a bit cruder than that lol.. it was more like .. ______ everyone I am 40 and we will be doing things my way from now on .. LOL

Grumpy Chair said...

You are so busy, busy, busy!

Hope you find some "Me" time.

Tammy said...

Hi Susie! Wow, two months until 40! Don't worry sweetie, you can still live your healthy lifestyle after that magical day. I wanted to be in the best shape of my life by my 40th birthday, too, but I was a year late. But now I am and it feels great no matter what my age. Just hang in there and make time for yourself. It is more important than you probably realize. Have a great summer!