Feeling fine in 2009....drinking wine in 2009...whatever the action..new year. I have so many thoughts about this post..do i list resolutions? do I apologize again for being a bad blogger? talk about how busy life is? blah blah blah. I am just glad I am here and posting. Everytime I come on and read a blog or two (which turns into 3,4,5 and hours later..here i am) I have an "a-ha" moment. I love it. You all are so good. Insightful. Funny. Wise...and motivating. I seem to be having trouble following through on most things in life in the blog/HYC arena..whether it's sticking to a challenge, changing what I say the habit will be, making good choices , etc. But..today is a new day. So, here we go.
I love that I found the HYC. Last year, when I found it...I was so motivated and into it all. I am lucky that it's still here and will give me another try. I got on the scale today. I am 2 fricking lbs OVER where I started last year. So, in a years time I went down maybe 13 and then up 15. BLAH!
Well, moving on. Time to take control of things. Everything. It's in my control and I need to manage the eating, clutter, taking on more than I can handle, the slacking and the picking. I have a lot of work to do..and those are just the main ones. There's more.........
Anyway, we are in a good place. Thankfully, we are both employed and all is well. (I am a little superstitious, so I won't numberate my blessings here). I have support all around me. I just need to find it in me. I made the soup last night...and have ONE IN CONTROL DAY under mybelt elastic.
It's a mindset. It's not a diet. It's a way of living. I just need to learn and learn and learn. I need to learn that if there is a bowl of grapes and a bowl of m&m's--I should go for the grapes...b/c I will ALWAYS go for the M&M's.
It's a lot of rambling up there....and it's been said here before. But, I am back and ready to
EARN SOME BLOG BLING!!!
I hope you all are having a good first week of the year.
xo
I love that I found the HYC. Last year, when I found it...I was so motivated and into it all. I am lucky that it's still here and will give me another try. I got on the scale today. I am 2 fricking lbs OVER where I started last year. So, in a years time I went down maybe 13 and then up 15. BLAH!
Well, moving on. Time to take control of things. Everything. It's in my control and I need to manage the eating, clutter, taking on more than I can handle, the slacking and the picking. I have a lot of work to do..and those are just the main ones. There's more.........
Anyway, we are in a good place. Thankfully, we are both employed and all is well. (I am a little superstitious, so I won't numberate my blessings here). I have support all around me. I just need to find it in me. I made the soup last night...and have ONE IN CONTROL DAY under my
It's a mindset. It's not a diet. It's a way of living. I just need to learn and learn and learn. I need to learn that if there is a bowl of grapes and a bowl of m&m's--I should go for the grapes...b/c I will ALWAYS go for the M&M's.
It's a lot of rambling up there....and it's been said here before. But, I am back and ready to
EARN SOME BLOG BLING!!!
I hope you all are having a good first week of the year.
xo
6 comments:
Boy did I over do this past month what with the holidays and the evenings doing my lesson plans ;)
But, like you I'm ready to get right back on that horse and get it going! I don't want to look back at the mistakes I made (gained back too much but still less than last year)
I will have spent a year on the HYC this February so I'll be interested to see where I end up.
And NEVER apologize for not blogging--life is busy! But as always, I'll hope to see more posts from you.
It is definitely time to get back into our healthy habits and take 2009 by storm. I know you'll kick butt in 2009.
Path to Health
You made me laugh with your belt/elastic quip! Indeed!
Wishing you all the best in 2009! We can do it, and with one another's support, we will.
B'day is January 17--41!
I don't have a class now, that will start up again in February. I'm guessing it will be the little munchkins though because grade 4 is considered my junior placement.
I'll let you know when I hear (BTW, I loved the grade fours and I'll bet your little guy is just as cute!)
Glad all is going well with you and that you're in a good place. Nice to have you back.
at least you know where you are at and can really assess what you need to do to get to where you want. its hard to realize that you didnt achieve what you wanted, but theres always more time to really go for it. glad you are back!
Post a Comment