Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lost In Cyberspace

Well, here I am..but where was I all week when I could have been posting or commenting. Oh, I was still on the computer..doing a little bit of work and a lotta bit of....Etsy with a side of Facebook.
I'd merge them all, but I am not ready to share my personal struggles openly with my childhood next door neighboor or my best frind's college roomie..They know I struggle, since hardly anyone has known me THIN, but I don't think they ALL need to learn JUST HOW LITTLE SELF CONTROL I actually have.
Speaking of self control...goal of being present and not picking...both went pretty well. It's that time o' the month and something always rears it's ugly head..no pun intended...so at a non present moment, there was some picking. Meanwhile, the organized, fruit eating aforementioned 7 year old's spot has cleared up beautifully. But me....thank gd for makeup.....
Um, the eating. Know what...I lost the initial 4 and got cocky already! I need to LOG MY FOOD. I have said it again and again...but I say lots of things. Goal for this week..BITE IT, WRITE IT! Maybe even a little preplanning as well.
I will weigh in tomorrow as I forgot this am...I wasn't BAAAAAAD..but I wasn't good, either. Who knows? I didn't keep track of it. But next week...
So, I hope you all have a good one..thanks for stopping by and the support. It really helps!

By the way, my husband made the dan good chili in the Hungry Girl Cookbook..looking for link. It was very good. (of course the 7 y.o. LOVED it..and the 10 year old was bothered by the smell and wouldn't dream of tasting it.) Instead of beans, we used ground turkey and LEFT OUT THE SHROOMS.

FYI- If you are a FB'er and haven't seen.......................enjoy.


6 comments:

Honi said...

HEY Susie,,, I know what ya mean.. I even though my web addy is on my FB.. I worry certain people may read things I dont want them to know so i find myself censoring myself a lot... oh well.. hope all is going well for you.. and the bite it write it rule is a good thing.. when I am logging my food I use caloriecount.com.. it is an easy site to get around..

Hanlie said...

That is so funny! It's exactly like FB!

Have a great week (and weekend)!

Anonymous said...

You know, I need to put that on a T-shirt, Bite it, Write it! I've got to do better with logging too!

Gigi said...

LOVE the YouTube video! So funny.

Anonymous said...

Hey long time since I've been on here! Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I'm back at it again to lose the weight after miscarrying my pregnancy. Life goes on......hope you are well! :)

Manuela said...

MISS YOU!

COME BACK TO POSTING, EVEN ONCE A MONTH.

IF YOU READ THIS, COME TO MY BLOG AND GET YOUR AWARD!!!!!