Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Monday, June 8, 2009

Not sure where to begin here...

Ok...do I reintroduce myself? Do I start a new blog? Where do I even begin...Well, it's been 6 ..yep SIX months since my last post..and they were few and far in between before that. I just wasn't doing it..I had nothing to offer..was always writing about starting fresh..then I wouldn't. I lost steam. I am in awe and beyond impressed with those who have stuck it out and had success, or who post regularly and keep up with the others. You are an inspiration. That being said. I am in need of some inspiration and am ready to give it a go.
What's different? Nothing really...but I am doing something tonight that I am very excitied about.
My local park district is holding their own "Biggest Loser" sort of program...and I REGISTERED for it. I feel like it was fate..my son, who is 10, is really really really into TBL at the moment. He gets into things with the enthusiasm of a zealot..and also falls out of them...but I am going to tap into that enthusiasm and use it. He is really excited for me to be a part of this. Also, it ends right around my birthday..and we all know I didn't get it together for the big 4-0, so let's give 41 a try. Lastly, I am ready. I need this. I need motivation , help and support and I think this could be it.

I will post tomorrow and let you know how it went..(if anyone even reads this..and I don't blame people for forgetting me..It's been 6 mos..HELLO!)..If they made us publicly weigh ourselves..in gd forbid a sportsbra and bike shorts, like the show..lol. There are cash prizes at the end!!! Not as much as the show, bummer...but a little $$$ is nice.

So, I hope you are all well. I will come visit.
Thanks for putting up with my absence.
XO-
S aka..fit by 41?

15 comments:

Big Girl said...

Hi Friend! Nice to see you back!

I can't wait to hear of your adventures in your own Biggest Loser...good luck with that.

Big Girl said...

oh and not sad. just a cold. thanks for asking =)

Miz said...

YAY!!!!! so glad youre back.

Manuela said...

YIPPEE, SUSIE'S BACK!!!!

I just came back from a long drive and will check back later to read up on you when I've had some rest but wanted to say hello :)

(p.s. yup, I'm a teacher who now needs to do the impossible and find a job ;)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Good Lord, look at all the dust around this place! :)

Welcome back!!! I'm ready to watch you rock and roll through this challenge!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Welcome back! Good luck with your BL challenge. I know you can kick butt!
Path to Health

Diana Swallow said...

I'm so glad you've decided to come back. I had coffee with Cammy and Natalia a few weeks ago and we were talking about how some bloggers just quit and never come back and we're always left wondering...whatever happened to _____...and you were one of the people who came to my mind.

Now go kick some serious butt in that challenge!!

Welcome back!

MargieAnne said...

I'm so glad to see you here again.

I had a few months out but decided to give it or me another chance.

Keep us up with your local Biggest Loser thing. I am going on holiday for 5 weeks but expect to come back and hassle my physio until she sets up a similar group in our wee town. I'm sure it will be a big hit as well as give the incentive to complete the job we set ourselves.

Blessings

invisiblejulie said...

I've only been active with the HYC for a little over a month, so I didn't know you before, but I'm glad you came back. No matter how many times you lose your motivation, you can always start again. Never quit trying!

invisiblejulie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I didn't read your blog previously, but I'm excited to see that you're back on track. I have really, really struggled with my weight loss for the past six months - gaining a a few pounds instead of losing, and have just recently really gotten back on track. I think the biggest loser competition sounds great. I'm also doing a biggest loser competition. We're in the second week, and it really is great motivation. I can't wait to hear how you do.

Hanlie said...

I'm delighted to see you back! Good luck with the next leg... You can do this and we'll cheer you on!

Heather said...

glad to hear from you! it has been a while but we definitely did not forget about you. the BL sounds great - I know that you will do well.

Rebeca said...

Welcome back!

timeformetofly said...

Great job on finding something new to motivate you! I am coming to that point, too, where I need to mix it up a bit. A little change can be a great thing sometimes.