Ok..once again..my resemblance to Tracy Turnblad's mom, Edna..has reared it's ugly head...but there's a silver lining this time...motivation.
My daughter's lifelong best friend is visiting us from AZ and I haven't seen her in a year..she's 7..she doesn't know of the previous comments of random children..last night..she said, "Sus, you look like girl in Hairspray"..and at first I was thinking (TRACEY?) and I said , "oh?" and she said..The mom...then there was an awkward pause..and she added..,"but you're not fat ". Which was nice and all...but before frickin HAIRSPRAY, noone ever came up to me citing the resemblance b/tween me and Danny Zuko/Vinnie Barbarino or Tony Manero...I'll stop now. This was as we were walking into Noodles & Co. and I was famished. Needless to say, I behaved.
It's going well. I shouldn't jinx it, but my skin is clearer!! (hmmm better eating =better skin ...or coincidence?)
Anyway, went to the "center"..drank the Kool-aid--ok..the Herbal Tea. Bought a few Herbalife products..to supplement..Not replace. (also, I hope to find a shake recipe with this stuff that my son likes..b/c it will help him get more protein and nutrients as well!)Got a better idea of the "program" which is really not a program but just basic nutrition. They game me some numbers..like my lean body mass and % of bady fat..oy! Told me how much protein and calories I need a day..to maintain and to lose. Made me a delish shake. So, it's coming together. I had a shake yesterday and it filled me up.
Today, I have not been so good..on the go all day and ..just off..but I will be ok.
I will let ya'll know how the weigh in goes on Monday pm.
2 comments:
hey a compliment is a compliment. and at least you let it motivate you to stay on track at the restaurant. glad that you are noticing benefits from eating healthy already! I noticed my skin was clearer and my hair was shinier.
I think John Travolta is one of the sexiest men on the planet!
You're doing great! Just keep on going, and soon nobody will make the connection!
Post a Comment