Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Sunday, December 28, 2008

The return of Edna Turnblad




Hello all--or the one or two of you who still remember me..(MY OWN FAULT..I have not been a faithful blogger).

I hope you all had a most Merry Christmas or the Happiest Chanukah...A happy holiday season to all.

I do miss blogging and the feeling of support, community,momentum, success...so on. For the first few months of 2008..I was eating right, taking care of me, supporting others andFEELING REALLY GREAT!!! Then..I slacked on the blogging...and the attention to me/my food intake/fitness ...and let everything get away from me. I know that RTS losing his job was part of it..but I also know that I could have still done all those things if my "head was in the game". So..now that life is a little slower...there is no work for me at the moment...no boy or girl scout meetings to plan..for the immediate future..I think it's time to , as the very cute Troy Bolton would say," Getcha head in the Game" (HSM1). One more week before school,etc all begins again. So..time to plan.

What brings this on, one may or may not ask..
Well..a few things....
1. Here's the main one..and it's vain. Tonight, we had our family Chanukah party. I did a good deed. I invited a family friend and her son , who were visiting from out of town, to join us. So much for this good deed..the little 8 year old *^$#er told my kids that I "was sort of FAT".
He also told me, unprompted by anyone, that I look just like the mom from Hairspray. (remember this ol post)
I took this boy (and mom) out to lunch, glow in the dark mini golfing and to a party..and he tells my kids that..."YOUR MOM IS SORT OF FAT". I know. Grow up..shake it off. I can't. I feel embarrassed that my kids had to hear that. How lucky am I that I have this forum to vent this...I truly am grateful for it.

2. I felt and looked a whole lot better when I was doing it right in early 2008.

3. I miss this.

So, I hope that there is a HYC 2009..and that my slacky slackerness hasn't gotten me voted off the island.


I think my next post will be my best and worsts of 2008..and yea #1 will be in the worsts..little shit. I guess things happen for a reason, huh?

I will not wish you all a Happy New Year b/c I plan to be back before NEW YEARS EVE.

Thanks for the support, guidance and listening!

6 comments:

Manuela said...

I remember that post and the picture from last time and you SO don't look like her! Leave it to a kid to say something like that though!

I'll look forward to your New Year's Eve post--I like the idea of a best and worst of list for ourselves :)

Heather said...

good to hear from you! sorry that you had to hear that comment - I know things like that hurt. but you are using that to get moving and so let it fuel you to keep on working towards what you want. happy new year!

Big Girl said...

Hiya! Good to hear from you. Hope you had a nice holiday, whatever you celebrate. And hoping that 2009 brings only wonderful things to you.

Anonymous said...

here's to a wonderful 2009 for you.

Id missed that post before and need to agree with manuela and add an *eyeroll* with regards to the things that come out of kids' mouthes.

Anonymous said...

Suzie!!!! So good to see you back in action on your shiny pink blog!!

Here's my story - a few years ago when I wasn't even at my highest weight, my friend's daughter asked me,"are you pregnant? Cause you look tired and pregnant." Her mom would have been mortified if she knew, but I never told her. That comment brought me to tears. Little shit.

Anyway, so good to hear from you again. You'll get back on the wagon just like the rest of us. Hang in there!

=)

Hanlie said...

I'm so glad you're back! My philosophy is now that it doesn't matter how many times we fall down, as long as we get back up! And yes, there is a HYC for 2009. Same place, same faces (plus a few new ones)!

I'm sorry about the comment, but in a way if it helped sway you towards a better lifestyle, it's probably a blessing in disguise.