

made at http://www.wordle.net/
Think I will be working with the theme of follow through for a little while here.
Doing a mid week check in.. should help me keep focused on my "goals"
So far, I am doing ok.
Things I am doing better since Sunday are:
1.
Making better eating choices--
Portion control, getting in a variety of foods, including FRUITS AND VEGGIES!! and trying not to eat past 8-ish. ohhh..also trying new recipes and NOT EATING OUT.
2.Finding motivational tools-
Visiting blogs often...not weighing daily,dvr-ing and eventually watching Oprah (this week) , The Biggest Loser and some yoga programs. Anyone have any fitness shows that they record? I heard Jill speak fondly of a Gilad, but I searched him and we don't get his channel.( I gave up my health club membership in order to cut the monthy bills..)
oh..and hoping for blog bling!
3. Personally- I am DELEGATING. I finally came to the conclusion that if I DO EVERYTHING ( for scouts) I will do nothing well. So, I am delegating..and so far..so/so. I have faith.
4. Organizing/Cleaning- Work in process. A little everyday. Remember FLYLADY with the 15 minute timer? If I focus on decluttering for 15 minutes a day. ...I can make progress.
5. Being PRESENT- this is something that Valerie talked about and I think Big Girl too(not so big girl, actually). When I am with my boy, girl, rts or anyone..I am about making it quality. Trying to focus on the moment and not all the other stuff I need to be doing. Of course , work is slow..so this will change when it picks up.
and I need to work on this habit..... I need to work on many...but I am gonna take one at a time.
SLEEP
So funny, Cammy blogged about it just today!
The last few nights
So, last night I tried to fall asleep early..I couldn't. I went to bed so hungry and just tossed and turned all night. Maybe I slept an hour. I got up with the kids, had no energy..ate a few bowls of cereal. Yes, a few bowls...was eating for energy. ( did I actually say portion control above..hahahahaah). Then went to bed @ 8 am. So, I need to fix this. ..because when we are tired, we slip up and eat a few bowls of cereal..or worse.
That's the mid week wrap up. I hope you are all doing well and having success!
5 comments:
It's all work in progress (actually not a bad idea for today's blog title! We can't expect to change overnight.
As for the sleeping, you'll have to cut down on the sugar and caffeine and make a point of spending at least 20 minutes per day outside in sunlight or at least natural light, with your eyes uncovered from glasses or contacts, for your body clock to work properly. Natural light enters via the eyes and stimulates the pineal gland, which controls our circadian rhythms, so exposure to natural light helps to alleviate sleep irregularities and jet lag.
Good luck with your changes!
You know.. creating our work book.. or creating what works for us rather takes time I am doing a lot of research .. and am leaning towards the eating well diet.. eatingwell.com.. I get there montly magazine and ordered their book and a cookbook or two.. my old cookbooks I am donating to my synagogue..You know i am just so tired of quiting .. with this holiday season.. I gained 7 pounds.. shame ON ME.. but its over.. and now its time to start fresh.. so I so know what you mean.. I think when we get ourselves on a good schedule which is hard to do with kids.. we do better.. much luck to you.. we are in it together.. :-=)
Love your collage thingy. I'll be heading there sometime soon to make me one of them.
And you are too kind and funny, "not so big girl actually. I still feel pretty big since I live in a slice of this world where size 8 is big, ridiculous.
I love that you're finding ways to make things work for you. That's so key.
You know, it sounds like you're doing well. There are going to be slip-ups, always. It happens. But you are SO right - sleep is an absolutely critical part of the equation.
You'll get there. It takes a while to get back into a normal pattern, but you'll do it. And you are definitely on the right track.
Hanlie's given some GREAT advice as to how to make it happen, too. :-)
V.
Hey Susie! I love that wordle thingy.
Thanks for the shout out! I think Gilad has dvds that you can buy - you might even be able to rent some from the library or video store - something to check on anyway.
I think you are doing great so far and I hope you will keep checking in.
=)
Post a Comment