Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Thursday, July 24, 2008

As I was saying...

Talk about lack of follow thru--I was all..I am going to write about fit flops and the Vivanno..and then ..POOF..I disappear.

So Sorry. We had out of town company in..( read: i ate toooooo much) and I just went and went for a few days with not much down time.

So...I weighed myself today and it sucked. Bad. Last week, when I weighed, I was mid decade..I was so happy. This week, after having company in and not much exercise/planning ahead..I was teetering on the decade that I didn't want to go back to. ARGHHHHHH. Well, I was good today. Ate pretty well and got lots of exercise-- a bikeride to p/u Abby at a friends (that's for you GC, why drive when you can walk/bike!?) and took a LONG walk in the pm and a good walk at the dog park (the happiest place on earth) this am. Too bad I didn't have my pedometer on. BUT..TODAY I FOUND MY PEDOMETER. YAY. It is out of batteries..BOO. I can't locate the manual...and still can't find the cord(to DL the walking data) either. I will find the manual and change the BATTERIES TOMORROW for sure!!! The big 4-0 is getting closer and closer!


So FITFLOPS I don't have them but keep hearing BUZZ about them..and being the easy way out gal that I am..am thinking , ya know..If a pair of shoes can claim to "helps tone and trim your legs,have a significant effect on the toning muscles of your thighs and make it easier to stay in shape. . Well of course I need to GET IN SHAPE first..but I digress. So..I haven't tried them yet..but I am really really really thinking about buying myself a little pre-birthday present..or if they sell them at DSW , I can use my mother's day gift card. Does anyone have them? What are your thoughts? What have you heard from REAL people? I can read reviews online..but I 'd take the PERSONAL WORD OF MOUTH review over anonymous reviews everytime. If I get them, I will gladly put them to the test and give my thoughts. Don't be surprised if I come back here tomorrow and say I have them..remember , I have no self control..like I can wait till my birthday! HA!




Next--The Vivanno. It contains one whole banana, 16 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber from a proprietary whey protein and fiber powder. The 16 ounce drinks contain 270 calories and are available in Orange-Mango-Banana and Banana-Chocolate flavors. The drinks also contain no artificial colors, artificial sweeteners or high fructose corn syrup.
I LOVE THIS!!
I have only had the chocolate banana. YUMMMM. I did get a brain freeze though. Ouch. I haven't ordered the orange one yet..b/c I like chocolate so much.
1. I don't like coffee
2. I like drinks that take a while to finish.
3. I love "smoothies" but don't love the MESS and effort it takes to make one. ( I know..lazy)
4. They are filling.(in my opinion)
5. It's actually GOOD FOR YOU...Vitamins and minerals. Fiber. Protein.
6. 5 ww points for a grande(4 for the orange mango one)

It has Whey in it--which is something I bought , along with flax, when I tried the ABS Diet last summer.
What is whey protein? Whey protein is a pure, natural, high quality protein from cow's milk. It is a rich source of the essential amino acids needed on a daily basis by the body. In its purest form, as whey protein isolate, it contains little to no fat, lactose or cholesterol.Whey protein is an excellent protein choice for individuals of all ages. It provides a number of benefits in areas including sports nutrition, weight management, immune support, bone health, and general wellness.

Here is a coupon to try it..if you have a Starbucks Card.

Here's a review and another.



Ok--in my quest to give an educated review/post on these items, I came upon these shoes. Interesting?!? I also found these MBT shoes ..this brand looks like the top of the line for this kind of shoe, but @ $200 ++ a pair, I'll pass at the moment.

Stay tuned..and let me know if you have had any experience with either..or just say hello.
Boy, I am craving a vivanno more than ever--I think we all know where I am going after I take the girls to camp in the morning. I will also be doing a little blog hopping and commenting. Must catch up with my blog buddies!
Thanks to those you indulged in the karaoke silliness.
xxooxoxo

Have a great day!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am vehemently opposed to Starbucks...however, I may have to go undercover and get one of those drinks. Think I'll look suspicious in a trenchcoat and dark sunglasses??? =)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Susie-Q, if you haven't seen it, pop over and check out:

mizfitonline.com/2008/07/17/odds/ - I left out the http, of course.

The marvelous MizFit has a pair of MBTs, she gave a little review. I haven't seen a review of the FitFlops but I like the sound of them. :-)

V.

Big Girl said...

Hi there!! =)

Those drinks look wonderful although I'm afraid to try them... it just maybe come too addictive.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I tried on the FitFlops and they were okay, but it was hard to tell in a 1-minute store walk. Then I made the mistake of trying on the MBTs (the sandals). OMG, they feel so good on my feet!

I found some at walkerswarehouse.com for $159 in a discontinued style. A friend got hers there and they're fine. Just not this year's color. :)

Irish Mom said...

I am going to try one of those drinks next time I am at Target. Looks delish!!
The flip flops are cute, the shoes are kinda freaky. The look like something I could trip in, ya know?? Are they suppose to be comfort shoes?? Or just for toning & such?? Will they make my butt look smaller?? Ok, thats wishful thinking!! I'll be waiting on the review!!

Anonymous said...

git the mbts
git the mbts
git the mbts
git the mbts
git the mbts
git the mbts
git the mbts
git the mbts

:)

Manuela said...

OMG, those are expensive but if they are good for the feet then it's worth the expense.

Ooh, getting excited for your birthday?

Heather said...

those look wonderful! I want one now! haha. thanks for posting about them..wouldnt have known since I rarely go into starbucks anymore.

Anonymous said...

In a low moment, I bought a pair of MBTs. I wear them while I'm doing housework or when I have a day when I'm standing a lot. Don't know about the cellulite but I do think they help my posture. $280 worth? Dunno. But they're o.k.