Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Good ,the bad and the rest..

So much good stuff in the blogoshpere.. Cammy down 90+ lbs,Big Girl down a bunch (forgot #'s), Manuela down 22!, Heather at goal, Ready Maid DOWN 50! Please don't be mad if I didn't include your achievement..I am going from memory of who I visited yesterday..I am getting around to all..Slowly but surely. When I say all..I mean all who comment. Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I haven't gotten thru all my comments, which aren't even that many,so if you did leave a comment..PROMISE I'll get there!

The Bad: Poor Valerie(dietbook) cut her finger bad :( , the wonderful and so supportive Alicia(Grumpy) is going through something and we miss her and wish her good things to come...and Honi---poor Honi--my heart hurts for her. Her mom passed away yesterday. Honi-we are all thinking of you and are here for you.

I started thinking about the past 7 months and all the things people have gone through on here and the amazing outpouring of support and encouragement that has been provided. It ranges from someone being rude to us at a clothing store to losing someone dear to you. No matter what we've been here for each other.

The Rest- Like I have said before, I am lucky that my biggest woe is my lack of self control and willpower. And as I come here and whine about it weekly, I feel really fortunate that people haven't gotten sick of it and INSTEAD have taken the time to give me such encouragement and support..whether it be a personal annecdote, a pep talk or advice...I really appreciate it. I tell ya..if I ever hit goal..when I hit goal..I wish I could host a huge party to thank you all. Keep sharing the blog love and support. It helps.

So, it's a month away. Yesterday actually was one month to the BIG 4-0! I weighed myself yesterday and sure was glad to be 2 lbs down from the previous week. It was just a fluke..i did nothing to earn it. But, it gave be a little jumpstart. So, I am begining to feel it. I am back in the same "decade " again..but I sure would like to be in the early years of the decade rather than the later ones..so by the BIG 40..my goal is to be in the early years on the decade..or even in the decade I was born in! I misplaced my pedometer AND THE BATTERIES DIED. UGH. I have to find it and get new batteries tomorrow. My eating..not horrible..not stellar. Know what my goal is for this week..Visiting the HYC daily....not weekly..Outta sight outta mind. This place really motivates me and I learn something with EVERY BLOG I READ. SO, plan to see ol 40by40 around your water cooler. I think it is going to help.

See you soon!!! Have a great night/day!!

9 comments:

Manuela said...

You better be!

I miss you girlfriend and need to see you in some more challenges.

Checking in a couple of times a week keeps me motivated and I learn something new all the time.

Come on, you 40 year old broad, you can do it!

Brightcetera said...

I love the blogging community. Best thing I ever did was join up with the HYC. I agree, I learn something from everyone.
The 40's are THE BEST! This is where women are sauced up & seasoned. You're gonna love it!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl - glad to see you back around the blogs! I've missed you!

I've been a bit of a slacker myself lately, but ready to get back into the groove.

And congrats on the 2# loss - very cool!!

Big Girl said...

Hi friend! glad to see you here and thanks for remembering me =)

40's are great. I got a couple years of experience being there so I talk to you w/ hands on knowledge.

I love the blogshere as well and am glad we're both a part of it.

Have a great day!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Okay, you're rolling now! Glad to hear it! Er, read it!

I turn 50 a couple of days after you turn 40, so we'll only be in the same decade for about 48 hours. :)

Heather said...

I know you will enjoy your 40s! and its just a number. Ive met so many people in my life who have surprised me when I learned their age because their neither acted or looked like it. just be happy with all that you have acheived.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the daily HYC check-ups. I find it so inspiring to read up on everyone's journey's.

You can definitely do this!!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

You are awesome! Keep making healthy choices.
Path to Health

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm like nine years behind here. Stupid work!

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling the energy. I agree that the blogosphere is such an amazing place...and a saving grace...unintended poetry there but it's true. It keeps me going, for sure.

I'm so glad to see you back and I promise I will be here daily to check in on you. :-)

V.