It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up.Vince Lombardi
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." -- Will Rogers
Just a few nuggets of wisdom....I would like to keep on searching for quotes...but really..who has the time.
So..here I am again..big talker..not that much action.
Well I did walk a few times last week..but I guess the eating overshadowed any good habits. I don't really know if I was that bad..didn't seem like it. I wasn't counting points or anything..but was I that bad..must have been b/c I am UP! I weighed myself today and saw the decade that I was DONE WITH. How awful..at this point I can only say I have gone down 10 lbs since Jan.. 4th.
I saw this girl I know when we were dropping our kids off at camp and she looked really good..I asked if she had lost weight..She said 20 lbs..and she started WW April 4th. I can't even throw my hands up and say , "I try and try and I just don't lose"..because I don't even try. I mean I am better than I have been about making choices and trying to get activity in..but I am not really putting any effort into it these days. Gone are the days where I'd look at menus online before dining out..to preplan...gone are the days of anyone asking.."have you lost weight?"...I haven't liked the way I look in pics(again) for a few weeks now...my new shorts are tight..my new tops are not fitting right..I am tired..lazy..blah blah blah.. Ya know-I am lucky that this is my biggest problem..and It's something that I can change!!! So..enough whining! Let's see action..36 days to go till 40. I was good with eating yesterday and today so far!
I just booked a little party for myself..might as well celebrate the good. Not really a party..just inviting some gals to one of those" paint ceramics and they fire it places". I am actually really excited about it. Maybe I'll set a mini goal for then.
I went to the ob/gyn for my annual appointment and at least I didn't gain..she said I have been around the same weight (fatness) since 2003. Before that I was pregnant..and before that..I had a different doctor. So...that's what I have for you all this week. Oh..I think Valerie aka Diet Book got me thinking about reading..when she spoke of her walking book club..reminded me how much I love to read too..and I really haven't read a book in a LONG time. So, I picked up , "Middlesex" and I am having trouble putting it down. I can't read while walking or on a machine..so maybe I will DL a good audiobook and try that ..on days I don't have a walking buddy!
I hope you all had a great holiday. I sure enjoyed the LONG weekend...It was fun filled and busy. All good things.
So...a goal for this week,as I read over @ Big Girl Water drink more!
and MOVE MORE TOO. Since I am doing Big Girls Challenge..I better start recording the steps!
Did you all see Heather's before and after pics? WOW! Great job Heather.
I hope you all have a wonderful week and I plan to have something good to report next time!
XO
ps Just took a good long bikeride..Rode daughter to Safetytown instead of driving! Grumpy/Alicia, I did it for you!! Or b/c of you!
11 comments:
thanks for the shoutout about my pics!!
hang in there, weekends are hard and when its a holiday and you throw in grilled food and parties, it becomes even harder to stay on plan. BUT, dont compare yourself to anyone else. Sure, its easy to look at someone and think, they look great and have lost more weight in a shorter time. But everyone is different and looks different at certain weights, and loses differently. I think 10 pounds lost since Jan is fantastic! you definitely dont give yourself enough credit. just start fresh, drink some water and get in that exercise, and it will be ok.
Comparisons are dangerous ground to tread. You've done many great things this year, and you're not done yet. You know the things you're not doing, and that will become your action plan for success! Keep fighting the good fight and you'll see results!
Are you doing WW? I think I am going to start up again. I don't know why I don't. We could do it togeter, Slacker Susie & Slowpoke Sheila. We'd make a great duo!! I did have a loss, but I've been doing this too long with too little results, I am sick of being sick of this, KWIM??
Love the quotes (the Will Rogers one is a fave).
Well, you've got 36 days huh? What is it that's holding you back? We both know that you can DO it!
Like Sheila said, do you think going to WW might help? Maybe it would be good to be in that group setting again (I know, it's tough especially when you know what needs to be done).
Sometimes the accountability to somebody else's scale and the money you pay are good incentive to lose.
Just a thought. Good luck on that new challenge of yours--I'll have to check it out.
Hang in there girl! You'll get your groove back and then you'll be on fire!!
The worst thing you can do is to give up. Just keep doing one thing to move you forward everyday and you'll be golden.
You've done it before, so you know you can do it again, cause you're just awesome like that!! =)
Okay, you absolutely know what you need to do, and you obviously have a great handle on what you haven't been doing. Maybe the missing piece is figuring out why? I don't mean to overthink it, just maybe look at what goes through your head when you think about doing the planning and all. Do you feel like it's too much trouble? Or that it's not going to work anyway, or maybe there are just lots of things you'd rather be doing?
You're absolutely right - getting things planned and structured can be a really big part of succeeding. Maybe you need one day, or part of a day, to devote to nothing but that - just thinking about what you want to achieve and figuring out what steps you need to take to make it happen. You could use it to cook and freeze meals, to shop for healthy stuff, to actually do meal plans if that works for you (I love it personally but not everyone does) and maybe even to make up some sort of exercise schedule.
That might not be what you need; I need a lot of structure but I know not everyone is the same. But if it is that way for you, then maybe setting aside a day just for that (or as much of the day as you can manage) would help.
I know you can do it. Sometimes it's hard to get the momentum built up, but once you do, you'll be unstoppable.
And meanwhile, forgive yourself. :-)
Hugs!
V.
KWIM = Know What I Mean
My sister is MUCH younger and we text each other so I find myself using those acronyms she uses.
Whew...mental work is hard, isn't it? Sometimes, it's painful to be honest, but like having a baby, the results are worth it.
I really didn't "wake up" until I read Dr. Phil's take on willpower:
"Willpower is an outright myth and your willingness to be deluded by this myth has sabotaged your weight-control efforts for too long...You (must) program your life internally, from the inside out, so that you stop turning to food to mask feelings and medicate emotional distress. You program your life when you reduce your exposure to food by eliminating junk food from your kitchen. You program your life by cutting back on the time you spend in the grocery store and preparing food; by arranging your schedule to accommodate exercise and activity. In short, you program your entire life for weight-control, making it failure-proof - in order to manage your impulses, to set up your life for health and well-being, and to support you when the emotional energy of willpower isn't there to carry you through."
Straight talk like that resonated with me. It made me sit up and say, "Hmmmm...I hadn't thought of it that way before."
Hang in there. You're on your way to a breakthrough!
I hope you find something that works for you again be it, WW or whatever it is. Getting refocused can be hard, find your motivation and go with it! You can do it and you still have some time left before your 40th to make a difference.
BTW... I totally loved Middlesex.
And thanks for the link to our challenge, hope that helps you get some additional exercise in!
An August baby, yes? Me too!
Much as I love my scale & seeing the #'s going down,it's probably better to focus on goals you have control over & not #'s on the scale which you don't.
Good to see you re-focus & not give up.
LOVE the Will Rogers quote! I need to write that one down. Really gave me a smile.
Yeah, I'm with Cammy.....comparisons always get me into trouble.
The bike ride sounds like fun. Wish we had bike trails here - or decent roads. Riding a bike on the roads here is a dangerous thing....the roads are so much more narrow than USA roads.
Post a Comment