Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Groovin'

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more .

Happy Canada Day to my northern neighbors!! Hope you are having a great day.

Ok..like every week..I sit here at my laptop and DECLARE,..This week I AM BACK at it..this week I'm back on track...I only have this many days..blah blah blah...

So,to keep with tradition...

Hello July..and to echo what Scale Junkie as well as a few others said...

It's TIME TO GET MY GROOVE BACK ON..or locate it!

I have been wearing the pedometer for 2 days now. Yesterday I hit 10K and it's 11 am..and I am at 6K already!!! When I drop the kids off at camp/ or when they leave (depending on if it's a carpool day) I GO WALKING with people. I did it yesterday and today..and have a standing date on Friday with one friend. This might be one of the best habits I have picked up..Because I just won't do it alone. Wish I could..but I won't. So, i will continue to keep that one going. It's no nice to walk and talk..and I GET MY STEPS IN!! YAY.

Next is eating better. I will get there. I will again try to plan out my meals. I did plan out my breakfast and lunches last week..didn't always follow but they are on my Google Calendar Daily..so it's a reminder. If I can figure out how to display them, I will. Next is planning out dinners and snacks. I made this 2 nights last week..it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.I had a bunch of smaller multi colored bell peppers so I covered the bottom of the dish with them. This was a big hit. Adding it to my repitiore. I have like 6 things that I make..and rotate them. Turkey chill, Spaghetti with turkey meat sauce, Egg/turkey bacon and veggie burritos, taco salads, chicken fried rice/stir fry, and an egg casserole...and I used to make that DELISH ww soup..but that was in the days of my groove. My p's gave me a slow cooker..maybe I will fire that up. Anyone have any good TRIED AND TRUE slow cooker recipes. I like to use ones people ACTUALLY make..rather than out of a cookbook/website b/c then at least I have a "personal recommendation". I always LOVE to buy those cookbooks assembled by different community groups, fundraisers..etc. Oh...I feel a challenge brewing here..maybe a HYC cookbook...where each member submits their favorite TRIED AND TRUE recipe...and I put them all on one page..and randomly draw winners...I will discuss with Ms. Diana.

Wow..this turned into a really long post for Little Miss Slacker. Know why? BECAUSE I AM GETTING MY GROOVE BACK ON..AND WHAT BETTER WAY TO BEGIN WITH A GOOD BLOG POST...OK..not sure if it's good..but it's long.

And speaking of posting..I didn't post all that much in MAY or JUNE ..not did I "do my best" with the HYC..but many of you still visited me and checked up on me and PUSHED ME.

Thank you sooooooooooooooo MUCH TO HONI and MANUELA for giving me this award. I was feeling a little disconnected and out of it since I was only checking in once a week..and you two gave me such a boost.

Please know how much I appreciate that you come by and visit and take the time to read and comment. I hope to support and help you all as much as you have done for me. Here it comes.."I love you guys..". I really do appreciate it all. I NEED IT.

So, to reflect upon last weeks post. I forgot to weigh in today..so I am unsure if I am a LOSER. I promise to WEIGH in next TUES! I did get SOME organizing going and did SOME meal planning and took SOME ME time. I feel really calm and pretty settled today. This is a great way to begin a new month and a NEW GROOVE.
ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more
I hope you all have your groooooove on today and have a wonderful day.

ps- Are the mosquitos NASTY in your neck of the woods? OH MY--they sure are here!!
pps- Anyone else watching 'SWINGTOWN?" --oh guilty pleasure...but FUN--and great tunes!

11 comments:

Big Girl said...

Hey Groovin' gal =) I agree there's a lot of, I need to get back on track kind of statements going on around maybe it's the summer thing, who knows.

Super good walking, you rock.

I haven't been watching swing town but maybe I should? I'm not sure I need another show to watch but I'm always up for good clean tv fun.

Hope you're enjoying your day off!

Brightcetera said...

Groove on...

Honi said...

Just like Stella You got your groove back!!! .. hows that for pulling a movie title in a comment LOL.. love the post.. and I look forward as always to popping by and catching up.. and I love the cookbook idea.. i gotta get batteries for my camera so i can post my foods again.. I did this great zuchinni and vidalia onion stir fry last nite.. YUMMMMMMM..

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Congrats on gettin it back! Keep walking and keep making healthy choices.
Path to Health

Manuela said...

Hey, you needed a long post to make up for all the time you've been AWOL!!!

You're totally worth that award, really! I get stuck in ruts about what to eat to but you've gotta admit it's easier in the summer.

BTW, it's GORGEOUS here today! Sun shining, no humidity, just beautiful. Hope the 4th is just the same.

Alright Susie, groove on!

The Fat Foreigner said...

If you're lookin for new recipes I recently became addicted to recipezaar.com, you should be able to find some good things there.

Heather said...

glad you have that groove back! sounds like you have july off to a great start!

Irish Mom said...

Hey sugar, I'm glad your back!! So awesome you are out there walking.

Thanks for making me your favorite green mama!! I think nurse ratched is more like it!!

As for the mosquitos have you tried the Avon line of bug spray?? Its deet free and seems to be work well & not be too bad. We are pretty lucky and back up to a park that get sprayed often so we don't get any mosquitos. If I find something better I'll let you know!!

Anonymous said...

Keep Groovin & walking! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you do sound super groovy! :-) I'm glad to hear it, I can just hear the energy through your words. I need to borrow some!

I like the cookbook idea. I love your walking too, that's been my salvation of late also. I just don't have the will to do my "formal" exercise but walking is keeping me moving and it's definitely work. And I keep reminding myself that's how I lost my first 30 pounds or so!

Keep up the good work and keep blogging, it's good to hear from you! :-)

V.

Melzie said...

I'm gettin' groovin' I think, LOL!! :) I love your attitude! It's my first time here, and what great posts you have, really!!!

I have a post it on my bathroom mirror, and also on the doors to the outside that says "You are worth it" to remind me that I AM worth it!! :) It's a nice kick in the butt on blechy days.

Mel via HYC