


ahem...is this thing on? Testing..testing..The last month was pretty much null and void on the fitness and healthy living front. I'll be honest. Ya know , it's just so easy for me to let that part go. Once again, I will aim to be more healthful and better to my body. The last two months, especially the last one was really intense. I was in " Mama Bear" mode. I was fed up and not going to take it anymore. I am referring to the lack of cooperation I felt I was getting from the school regarding the boys needs. I think last time I posted, I had just asked for an evaluation for special serices, meaning can we put something together to help my boy or to see how/if we can help him. This request was denied. I was pretty appaled that the school denied us without consulting his dr. He does have a diagnosis of an Austism Spectrum Disorder, Asperger Syndrome. They say he's fine academically. So was that the end all be all. Hell no. They "appeased me" by saying they'd set up a 504 eligibility meeting. I wanted an IEP, so skills could be measured and they'd be accountable, but I'd settle for a 504. To make a long story short, I will just tell you that I prepared for this meeting like an Olympian for their event..or how some/most of you handle your fitness goals. I read, researched, interviewed, studied every bit of material I could find and I was ready. It was a great meeting and my lil Aspie now is getting help. I feel such an incredible sense of accomplishment. This would be the natural segue into, sheesh if I could just take my healthful living goals this seriously and make them happen. Well, obviously , if I set my mind to it, I can accomplish so much. My boy would still be struggling if I hadn't pushed and prodded the school and came to them with all of my requests & accommodations. So, one of these days...that switch will flip. Something will trigger me to take better care of me..to sleep more, exercise, eat better, etc. I just hope it won't be too late.
How are you all? I hope well. Wishing you a happy Valentines Day to all you SWEET friends in the blogosphere and remember..I am a better tweter than blogger. I will be around to read and catch up with you. You motivate and inspire me so much. I just have been very goal oriented lately, but my goal wasn't here...but IT WAS ACCOMPLISHED!!! ( of course, now I have to make sure they are actually DOING what they should be...ah the fun never ends).
Be good to yourselves!
xoxo

9 comments:
Happy Valentine's Day!
Good for you for sticking up for your son! Now, maybe you can take some time to stick up for YOU! :)
Parent's have got to be proactive to get what they need for their child--good for you!
(I had a little guy with Asperger's in Gr 4 last year, he was such a great kid! Good luck with everything :)
sounds like you have been busy and dealing with a lot! hang in there!
http://www.anonymousfatgirl.com/?p=2153
Hi, Susie! I'd like you to meet Bobbi, also known as Anonymous Fat Girl. She just posted about fighting for her son today as well as trying to fight for her own fitness.
Back in Illinois, my next door neighbor had two sons with autism, and the neighbor across the street had one son with it. I admired the strength and sacrifice of those mama bears.
P.S. You DON'T suck.
We just had the pine derby race Tuesday. Both my son and daughter raced (I'm a leader of a girl group and managed to talk the scouts into letting my group of 6 girls race their own cars. The scouts were so nice to let us use their track for a few minutes).
Have you had your race, yet? I can finally put the tools, paint, and graphite away. :)
Hang in there. Happy Easter.
Do you have Spring Fever, yet?
Take a couple of minutes to close your eyes and do some slow, deep breathing.
Drink two more glasses of water.
Walk around the block once (or around your kitchen 10 times).
(I hope you are doing okay).
Hi! Here I am, again. You are probably doing great, but just in case you aren't and need a little nudge, I'd like to invite you to my Back to Basics challenge.
(hug)
http://fitby41maybe42.blogspot.com/2010/06/back-to-basics-challenge-1-hydrate-mini.html
Post a Comment