Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

How's 2010 for you?

SO, how's it going so far? On the healthly front, errrr..not so much. My fantaboulous son and I made a spark team together and neither of us have logged our food. There goes that follow thru...Maybe that will be the goal for the day. LOG and SPARKLE. My son wants to help me so much. Ironically, he needs to GAIN weight. We both need to eat healthier. So today we begin. Luckily, I noticed Cammy had posted..she mentioned it on Twitter and how could I resist clicking on a blog post entitled GUILTY PLEASURES, since that's my MO. Which got me thinking, It's not so much pleasurable for me, b/c I am doing it all the time.  If I am eating whatever, whenever..is an indulgent food that delicious anymore. I remember when I was being good, then had a lil treat and really appreciated it. Sometimes, tho..I remember not even thinking it was all that great after all..b/c know what they say..."nothing tastes as good as thin feels". An oldie but a goodie. I digress..my mind is all over the place and I should be working.. Goal today..just one goal..TO SPARKLE. (aka utilize my spark tools). Anyway, what am i teaching my son here about starting something and not following thru..this is a teachable moment here..and I'm failing.
On a personal note, re:2010...I have accomplished a few things. I am finally getting my act together and getting special services ( or trying to ) for my son. Up until this year, his issues were not a school issue. They are now. Big and bad. I have really asserted myself and have worked and researched to find what kind of help I can get him. I have assembled a team of support people,if needed to help me in my quest to help him. I have even gone to check out alternative placements. I have submitted a letter requesting services and now I wait. If anyone is involved w/ special education, they will understand the whole ordeal. So, lately, my mind has been on that.  I'm considering that a NSV for 2010. One other NSV, there is an event in Cub Scouts called the Pinewood Derby. It's a race with cars .The boys or THE PARENTS create a car from a block of wood and race them. We just had my son's last derby the other night. He has never placed. Not even close. THis year, he got 2nd place!! He placed in between boys whose engineer dad makes real airplanes for a hobby. So, I'm gonna go with NSV#2 there! Actually, we need to find those NSVs everyday. Have any you wanna share?
Lastly, we finally got a Wii. While I am  not in any sort of workout routine currently,which is apparent by my assessed Wii age of 80, but I have been playing some tennis,ect on there and it's fun and GETS the ol heart rate up.
Eventually , I will go for the Wii fit. Do you use the Wii for fitness? If so , how?
Well,I've rambled enough for today. Going to do some work, errands, sparkle, wii and read some blogs to MOTIVATE ME!
Have a great day! Thanks for visiting me, the irregular bloggette!
XO

5 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

YAAAY!! I don't believe I have EVER been so excited to see someone jump back into the game! You're already sparkling just by showing up!

Thanks for the mention. I'm so happy that you "get it", like I did, that when we have guilty pleasures all the time, they become less pleasurable. More like expectations. Not good.

You're on the right path now!

Chibi said...

Excellent point on guilty pleasures not being as pleasurable when you're indulging all the time - "food" for thought! ;)

I have Wii Fit Plus: it's great for a fun work out, and would definitely be good for someone just starting out/over.

Heather said...

great job with your NSVs! it definitely can be time consuming to log everything in sparkpeople, but its worth it. I try and do a lot of it the night before so that not only do I plan everything out and know what snacks I should be eating, etc., but then I dont have to worry about it the day of. I have a Wii, and dont actually recommend the Wii Fit. Its not bad, and definitely is better than doing nothing at all, but I wouldnt really classify it as a great workout. If you are looking for great fitness games for the Wii, I recommend the EA Active (get the one with More workouts), or Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010.

Manuela said...

Thanks!

You're not late--right on time! Today is my birthday and I hope that I get rid of these germs soon!!!!!

Post again real soon (don't worry, I'm kinda stuck in a rut health wise too :)

Gina Fit by 41 Maybe 42 said...

http://leahs-new-ending.blogspot.com/

Leah just did a post about using the wii.

We are in the middle of making two pinewood derby cars. My son's car last year was always last. One time, it just stopped before reaching the finish. He was a good sport. I was proud of him because he designed it himself. All we did was cut it the way he wanted. I think he learned a lot about aerodynamics.