
Yep, it's time for the annual or maybe biannual blog post. Ok..here's the thing. I LOVED blogging. LOVED. I loved the people I met (who for the most part I lost contact with, and that SUCKS!) I loved reading your blogs and learning about you, laughing at your stories, learning from you, being inspired and motivated by you, the support..etc. But, there's just two things about me that keep me from coming back.
1) The "Diet Blog" thing- We all know that Little Miss Fit By 40, wasn't fit by 40..or 41..maybe 42? But when I was good, sure i had stuff to say. I couldn't wait to come on here and celebrate achievements, milestones, recipes,etc.
But when I wasn't, I pushed the whole blog thing way out of my mind. I wasn't sure what else to talk about..so I just didn't.
2. Keeping up with the blogging & commenting. So, first it was blogging. I literally could spend days reading and commenting..and that's the issue. I don't have the days or nights. I still can''t figure out how so many of you do it..coming up with amazing posts day after day... I think you have found that pause button that I am always searching for. I wanted to read and comment on so many, but I couldn't keep up. Then I felt guilty. So then there was Facebook, took blogging's place for a bit--reconnected with old friends and enjoyed that...again..another time suck. I mean, I can't even get on there b/c I end up on someone's page, then there's pictures, and walls and birthdays. .SSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOPPPPPP! I can't keep up there AND I don't EVEN TURN ON THE CHAT! So, thru a really interesting circumstance, which if I stick around I'll most DEF share w/ you, I found Twitter. I love Twitter. 140 Characters. Bing-bang-boom. I don't have to come up with something long and profound or interesting to blog abount or as a comment. I can just tweet if I don't have that much to say.
So, here's my plan. Tweet often and blog & comment as I can. When I blog, it might not be only about eating and fitness, it might be about Aspergers or my daughter or or my family or work or my scouts etc. But I do plan to refocus on the healthy lifestyle, as everyone is @ this time of year. So, if anyone does stop by and wants to connect, leave a comment or TWEET me up.(@susiestuff) Twitter seems to be perfect for my attention span, if ya know what I mean.
By the way, the good news is noone "likened" me to Edna Turnblad to get me back here this time.
Miss you blogging buddies and the HYC and wishing you a Happy, Healthy Holiday Season and New Year. xoxo
ps-I'd come aroudn to say hi now, but it took me 2 hours to do this, I know..WTF?..and I have to plan a Brownie meeting..FOR TOMORROW. Same ol me. Flying by the seat of my pants. Same size pants as when I began in 2008.
3 comments:
SUSIE!!!!
I'm on facebook every now and then so I see what you're up too--we're all too busy for blogging!
Come back and I'll be back too. I need to get my head together for the new year :)
glad to hear from you! Ive faced many of the same things myself - dont have time to write even though I want to, dont have time to read and post. and it sucks because Ive lost a lot of readers, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do and focus on what you need here. but we are still here and I will read any post you care to write, whenever that may be.
Susie!! Remember me?? I am following you on twitter, but I just don't get it at ALL!! Maybe I am TOO ADD for twitter?? I am on facebook RELIGOUSLY under a different email acct. I have been facing the same issues with blogging, miss it & LOVED the group of friends I got to know, bit like you said WAY too time consuming.
Post a Comment