Pardon the dust--under renovation..AGAIN!!
What began as a journey to be fit by my 40th..well..my 41st birthday...ok..let's shoot for 42...okay 43?! Now, not only fitness/food related, but navigating the world with a child with Aspergers Syndrome and Celiac Desease and one who doesn't but deals with it all , pretty well. Trying to live healthy and productively..evolving daily.Work in progress...

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

channeling frustration and sports bras

Hello Friends-
I hope you are all doing well.
So, TBL...well i have been so good..have logged every bite,haven't gone into a restaurant without researching what to eat there...etc and I got on the scale Monday night and saw a gain of .7 lbs. I know there are bigger problems in the world..and I should be glad it's not more..but when I have been such a good girl..and everyone around me is losing SO much..I can't help but getting all pissy. It took every ounce of self control to remain composed..I neither spoke nor made eye contact with anyone for fear of the waterworks starting. I got in my car, called my hubs and it all came out. He said , "just concentrate on getting home and we will talk when you get home", He was so supportive. He suggested maybe adding working out regularly. Not a bad idea.....

So, my friend goes to this gym that is pretty bare bones..no locker room..no classes..no pool..but it has the elliptical machine, which is the main thing I do at the gym anyway. It costs $15 a month...better than the $70 a month one I gave up last summer. I joined today! I went with her 2x and decided..go for it. It's reasonable and I have people to go with , which makes me go! So, on the way there, she was talking about her sports bra...and I thought hmmm..she's much smaller than me and wears a sports bra..maybe I should?
So, ladies..sorry if any males are reading, don't mean to exclude, if you need to hold the "moobs" up , chime in...
Do you wear a sports bra or regular bra when working out? And have any recommendations? I am a C+ or D-..so not small. Need good support . Would LOVE suggestions!!!!

Loving spark people..anyone else using it? Very helpful for tracking, recipies, motivation,ect.

So I have turned my anger and disappointment into determination. Not giving up. I WILL be reporting a loss here next week.

Oh, and my team is now at -42lbs!!! We started June 8th! Not bad. (I am 2.8 lbs of that! LOL)

6 comments:

Manuela said...

Hello my Yankee friend!

Well, you have come to the right person for bra talk. I cannot work out with a regular bra (I'm a D) and couldn't find sports bras I liked either until one day I went into a specialty shop and the girl recommended Lunaire. It's a little more pricey (around $30)but it has such awesome support! Very little jiggle.

Another thing, I find it very hard to lose weight if I don't do some exercise and I try to get in at LEAST 30 minutes a day--especially since I hit 40 :)

You'll see a big difference!

Hanlie said...

I work out with regular bras, but only because I don't think a sports bra would give me enough support. And for all I know they don't make them in this size! I'm a 46DD. But I really need new bras!

Good luck with the exercise... As Manuela says, you'll struggle to lose without it!

Heather said...

its probably really hard to be in front of others when weighing in and you see a gain, so I give you so much credit for being brave. I too had to face the scale after a restaurant incident that put me WAY up and I wanted to hide under a rock and not post my weight on my blog. the reality is, everyone has weeks where they gain or dont lose. its probably hard to see in a group setting (or on the real BL where they all fast before the weighin so they dont show a gain) because it makes you feel like you are not doing something right. but all of those people will experience this and its just part of life and becoming healthier. so go back there next week with a fantastic loss that is just right for you and dont let others successes make you feel like you have anything to worry about.

I work out with an under armour sports bra and I love it. it has a lot more support than a normal old bra or one of those yoga tops with the built in shelf bras. it also has sweat resistant panels so it doesnt get all soaking wet when Im sweating. its great so I definitely recommend any type of sports bra because it does give you some great support if you are doing exercises such as running.

Big Girl said...

Sorry about the frustrations... sounds like your hubby is totally amazing.

Yes, I wear a sports bra, I couldn't do without one. I wear one that's made by Nike and the other one I own is an Addidas. Just try some on and get more support than you think you'll need, it's amazing how much it helps.

InWeighOverMyHead said...

I am a tripple E so no sport bras fit me. I just bounce in the wind... :)

- Lisa
www.losewithlisa.blogspot.com

Manuela said...

WHAT'S UP SISTAH?