So, it happened. I turned 40. No, I did not lose 40lbs by 40 , as I had planned on. I was down 13 lbs from the day I began to 8/15. It doesn't end here..it continues. Maybe it will be by 41. It will happen. There are so many things I have learned though the 40x40 process..journey..adventure..that I am not upset about it. Yes, it would have been GREAT to have met the goal..and to wear something new and fabulous..but I didn't and it's ok. I know what I need to do. I have the tools, I have the support.
Update: My hubby is working hard to find a job. He has had some interviews and I know he will find something just right for him. He is a good person and deserves something good. We took a family vacation to the Wisconsin Dells with my parents and my brother and family..and because he was out of work..at least he was able to spend the entire vacation with us. I worked much of it..but at least I knew the kids were in good hands.
I had a little birthday shindig the other night (THANK YOU TO MY P's and my friends) and it was fun*fun*fun*! I got the FIT FLOPS AND THE MBTS! So..here I go..she's off! I know there are many lifesytle changes I need to make to better myself..so I have organized them in a little ABC format. If you think of any other good ones..feel free to suggest. I will be around to comment and catch up. On Friday, both of my kids will be starting school FULL DAY. WOW. I plan to take this time to catch my breath and again try to get myself in order.
A-Appreciate the GOOD
B-Body Brushing..a little self care goes a long way. Makes me take a little time for me as well as a look at myself .
C-Conserve- only buy what we need. Use what we have.
D-DRINK MORE WATER-less diet pepsi!
E-Eyesight- get the eyes checked.
F-Fruits and Veggies--Eat more.
G-GET THOSE VITAMINS and MINERALS in
H Help others and get help if I need it..ask for help.
I am the only one who has CONTROL over what I eat!!!
Just FLOSS( have to get that in!)
K-Keep it positive
L-Laugh more and love more
M-MBT's - I got them for my BIRTHDAY..TIME TO test them out!
N-No more PICKING!
O-Organization- I know I can get there. Bit by bit.
P-Plan ahead..the meals,the food..it helps
Q-Quit eating after 8 pm!
R-Relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
S-Sunblock and Skin care--time to take it a little more seriously.
T-Thyroid-Keep tabs on thyroid
U can do this! Do it for U!
V- Visualization- I like this too so much and totally underuse it. See myself as the person I want to be..the house the way I want it to be...Picture it.
W-walk walk walk walk--where is that pedometer!? 10,000 steps a day!
X-Xray--Get that mamogram
Y-Yoga--I love it. I need to do more.
ZZZZZZZZZ's- get more sleep
Have a great week..no matter how old or young you may be..or feel! Thanks for stopping by!
9 comments:
I've just caught up with reading your whole Blog. You are a delightful person. Trust your husband finds the dream job very soon. It must be horrible to be out of work. We only had one short period & that was because our own business wasn't doing well & his part time work came to and end. it was very scary and such a relief when a permanent job came along.
I've missed being at my goal weight for special dates too and decided it was OK .... no choice really. Sometimes that kind of pressure has a negative affect.
The most important thing is to be learning to live better and we are certainly doing that.
Love your pedometer. I must try to find one like it in NZ. I like the idea that you can put it into your pocket and it's accurate.
Blessings.
YAY FOR 40!!!!
Happy belated and revel in the gift that is our aging and not giving a sh88, err, HOOT anymore what ANYONE ELSE thinks but us (ok and our loved ones :))
M.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSIE!!!
I'm so jealous you got the MBTs!!! Let us know how you like them , k?
Things will be looking up for you and your husband will get an amazing job offer and all will be right with the world again very soon.
Glad you are back!! =)
Go Susie, its your Birthday!! Being positive & happy are the greatest gifts you can have, though the flip-flops sound amazing!! I have no clue what the MBTS is, I am sure its awesome!!
I do the body brushing too, it totally gets that inner itch!!
I hope your hubs finds work soon, we went through that some time ago. Major suckage!!
he'll remember this extra time with the kids forever!!
Happy Birthday!! welcome to the 40's club.
I love those ABC's. I need to follow that advise.
It sounds like you're in a really nice space and are happy. I'm still hoping the husband finds the perfect job soon.
And a happy birthday to my buddy Leo! :) You had a WONDERFUL year, and I believe the next one will be even better!
well happy birthday! looks like you had a great day. dont worry about those 13 pounds you didnt lose...you are still doing fantastic!
Happy, Happy Belated Birthday, and welcome to the best decade yet. (I have complete faith that it will be!)
I love your ABC's and I love your attitude. You have a great mindset.
13 pounds, while it might not be your goal, is still such a victory. That is 13 pounds you are no longer carrying around, and you've replaced it with at least 13 pounds worth of wisdom, self-knowledge and insight. I think that you have every right to not be upset - because you set out to lose weight, and look at how much more you have actually done.
I'm super proud of you and excited to share the next year with you! Hugs.
V.
I hope to see you more often--I miss you!
Happy belated bday. It's never too late to achieve the goals you've set for yourself.
It's hard to believe that summer is coming to an end and that school is already here. I'm glad that we don't go back until after Labour day!
Post a Comment